1,294 results
All reviewsthorn treethai restaurantexchange barstock exchangehistorical hotelpool deckold world charmclassic hotelfifth floorhealth clubcentral locationhotel stafflate checkbusiness districtdowntown nairobirooms are spaciousbuffet breakfast
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Service is bad, staff is everywhere and looks helpful but is utterly inefficient. Checking in took over 20mins, Internet didn't work in my room, so I had to move. Breakfast is lousy at best. Food is overpriced. Check out time is 10am, after your key doesn't work. They did extend to 12 noon after I complained, though.
I'll avoid this hotel next time.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pablo F
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Pablo,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

We have noted the areas of concern raised for our action to rectify. Kindly give us more information on breakfast so that we can take an appropriate action. The hotel's check-out time is 10am, that is why your key didn't work after 10am. Upon availability, the hotel allows for late check-out on request.

You may reach us on thestanley@sarovahotels.com or +254 20 2757000.

We hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days while attending a conference at another hotel in late June.

It is over 20 years since I last stayed there. Meanwhile it has been extensively modernised but still has its character. The room was large, the bathroom was a good size albeit that there is only a shower over the bath. There was a lack of channels on the TV and the picture on some channels was poor and that is my only complaint but did not bother me as I did not have the time to watch TV. I used the Thorn Tree restuarant on the ground floor for breakfast and had dinner there once and lunch on the day I left Kenya. Service was excellent and food was good. I used the bar on the first floor once in the evening and once late morning on the day I left for coffee. I had dinner one evening at the pool side restuarant. Again this was excellent.The staff I met in all areas of the hotel were excellent. I believe this is a 5 star hotel. I paid less than $200 per night which I consider very good value although this may have been a rate negotiated by the conference organisers in respect of a conference that I attended that took place at the Intercontinental hotel.

The Stanley has maintained its standards over the years and is good value with excellent service. Recommended.

Room Tip: My room faced the centre area so was away from street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear PeteLusaka,

Thank you for your review.

It was our pleasure to host you at Sarova Stanley after 20 years. We are glad that you noted our standards and good value with excellent service. Thank you for your recommendation.

We have noted all the points raised for your corrective action.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great hotel in the middle of Nairobi. Excellent service, nice staff, good food and nice gym & spa! Internet included and worked just fine. High security, easy to walk out for shopping.

This is an excellent business hotel.
Will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tommy C

Dear Tommy C,

We appreciate the time taken to give us your feedback.

Thank you for rating us 5 star and an excellent business hotel.

We look forward to your next visit. Kindly contact us directly for airport transfer services.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Came here having spent the day travelling to Kenya from the uk, as we were getting married in Kenya they spoilt us by leaving cake, flowers, rose petals and a towel arrangement in our room, this was a nice touch.
All staff were friendly, approachable and efficient, the room was clean and everything worked, there was also free wifi, which wasn't brilliant, but it was free so you can't complain.
Breakfast was lovely, plenty of choice and everything was fresh and well presented.
The swimming pool on the roof was brilliant, warm and relaxing.
All in all they left a really good lasting impression on us and we would be glad to return.
A brilliant start to a brilliant holiday!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Griff84,

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your wedding.

We are happy to have shared this memorable stay with you and also happy that all lead to a brilliant stay. We look forward to hosting you again with more memorable memories.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days and was the start of our Kenyan trip. The hotel room was of spacious size and well kept. The cleaniless was faultless and had all the room facilities that you would expect. Breakfast was a vast array of choices and very nice, with a good service. Our only issue was that one day we had a drink in the bar and was a bit on the pricey side. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and all the staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floor will give a good overlook of the city
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear charleigh p,

Greetings and thank you for your email.

W have noted your kind comments during your recent stay with us. We are glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and all the staff were helpful.

For your next visit, kindly contact us directly as we look forward to hosting you again.

David Gachuru.