Sarova Stanley
$308
$260
Priceline
1,250 results
All reviewsthorn treethai restaurantexchange barstock exchangehistorical hotelpool deckold world charmclassic hotelfifth floorhealth clubcentral locationhotel stafflate checkbusiness districtrooms are spaciousdowntown nairobibuffet breakfast
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Windsor Suite (Penthouse Suite)-stayed here for one night only :( after Masai Mara safari&before travelling to Zanzibar. Loved it with all its luxuries ;) The Suite was spotless clean, with its fantastic view, large sitting room, comfy (mega-)king size bed and sparkling bathroom with shower and bath and all its amenities...paradise, especially when you are returning from sweaty game drives or Masai village where cow's poo was jumping on you from everywhere :))) And food?-very tasty&yummy ;) Highly recommended (see pics)!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear PetraNathan,

Thank you for your review.

It was our pleasure to share this piece of history with you and we are glad you shared your experience with many more people through pictures.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night before traveling to Masaï Mara. Wat a wunderfull hotel this is. The saff is verry friendly and you feel like a early 1900 discovery traveler. The only mistake we made was not eating in the Thai restaurant. Instead of eating there, we ate at the main restaurant onthe groundfloor. The food was good but the ambiance not so good. Next time, we will eat st the Thai restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Hanskramer,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

We are glad for the good comments on our reception and rich heritage.

We have also taken note of your concerns at Thorn Tree Cafe and plans are underway to add more value.

Looking forward to hosting you again and reserving a table at the Thai Chi Restaurant.

David Gachuru

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I was a first time at the Sarova Stanley in December. My first review was a bit harsh due to a range of administrative problems. This time, none of those.

Obviously, the good things did not change:

- good room (I got an upgrade, so it was even bigger)
- free and speedy wifi
- without mentioning my favorite Thai restaurant (don't miss it)
- no need to mention, hospitality like always in Kenya, warm and welcoming

I tried also;

- the gym, yes, I went to the gym. It's good, but lack of fresh air

Weak point, still, for a continental breakfast only eater, the breakfast and the normal restaurant.

I'll be back in a few days, so lets see

• Stayed: April 2013
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear pabo99,

Thank you for your second review.

We are glad that our follow-up action improved our customer service and led to an improved rating. We believe that we shall maintain and surpass your expectation in the next visit. The comments on breakfast and fresh air in the gym have been noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had the oppurtunity of staying at this very fine hotel right in the city for 3nites. The rooms were excellent, I was astounded with the level of cleanliness esp. the ensuite bathrooms! The check in and check out processes are fast, believe me quite fast. Food from their famous Thai-Chi restaurant was great. Recommend this hotel to everyone 100%.

Room Tip: I wish I could have stayed in all their rooms to know this!...but I believe all the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear MAM313,

Thank you for your excellent review following your most recent stay with us.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular food at Thai chi restaurant, quick service and the great nights' sleep in your room.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us once again in the very near future.

David Gachuru

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I called the hotel ahead of my visit to Nairobi, arriving 28 April, in order to confirm the reservation, organise a hotel pick up from the airport and doublecheck that I had a nice room. My call was handled by a lovely lady called Irene who really could not have been better-she was so friendly, courteous, efficient and gave me all the information I needed to know. Reservations & Front Desk remain the most important part of a hotel is human nature suggest that we form an opinion after around 25 seconds and I'm delighted to see that this was a good experience. I have been travelling to Nairobi for nearly 20 years but I have never stayed at this hotel so given the positive reviews thus far I hope it will be the first of many trips where I stay at this location. I will post my second review (I'm a bit OCD like that!) after my visit to Nairobi-well done so far and hats off to Irene

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bambino145,

Thank you so much for your review.

We appreciate your special mention of Irene. It is always encouraging to hear guests experiences with us before, during and after their stay. We believe your next review after staying with us, will mirror and surpass this one.

We look forward to hosting you on the 28th of April.