Sarova Stanley
Tribe Hotel(Nairobi)
$214
$191
Palacina Residence & Suites(Nairobi)
$188
$154
$124
Agoda.com
1,238 results
All reviewsthorn treethai restaurantexchange barstock exchangepool deckhistorical hotelold world charmclassic hotelfifth floorhealth clubcentral locationhotel staffsecurity guardlate checkbusiness districtcolonial stylerooms are spacious
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for two nights on our way to and back from Masai Mara. We were struck by the Victorian elegance and the amazingly friendly staff as soon as we entered the hotel. We were given an excellent room.....spacious, spotlessly clean and very elegantly done. The Thai Chi restaurant was beyond expectations. The restaurant staff was so friendly and helpful....i would like to make a special mention of Nicolas. The Thorn Tree Cafe was also extremely good......the fish was simply out of the world. The breakfast spread was also very very good. We really enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback.

We are delighted that our refreshing hospitality met and surpassed your expectation. This motivates us to continually improve our products and services. We have noted your special mention and the pictures shared.

Once again, thank you and welcome back.

David Gachuru,
Sarova Stanley.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of Nairobi. The hotel old beautiful style and very friendly staff is only one reason for returning, the food is also delicious!
The hotelpool is very nice and has sun until the sunset, perfect for a swim and a drink!

The only problem is that the location makes the sleep a bit difficult as the matatus (minibusses) and larger trucks starts hooting as early as 04 in the morning. There are also a lot of traffic passing during the evening and people on the streets so ask for a room with windows not to the maindoor if possible.
As Nairobi is really getting crowded with cars one should consider it when choosing a hotel as getting around might take hours..!

Room Tip: It could get really noisy during the night and early morning, try to get a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you for your review.

We are glad you had a pleasant and memorable stay with us, at the heart of the city, despite the noise from outside. For all future inquires, kindly contact us on thestanley@sarovahotels.com and we look forward to your next visit.

David Gachuru,
Sarova Stanley.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just returned from an amazing 18 night stay at the Stanley and I can't praise the hotel highly enough. From the moment you walk through the front door you are instantly taken by the Victorian elegance of the place and the amazingly friendly staff. I was travelling with my 4 year old son who to be honest can be qiute boisterous at times but nothing was ever to much trouble for the staff who went out of their way to keep my son happy and make him feel welcome (something that you often can't say about 5 star hotels). Breakfast was a delight with freshly cut tropical fruits, pastries to die for and a never fading smile. Rose the egg counter chef would have my omelette made to perfection before I had got to the counter. Scolah & Beatrice the waitresses would have my son's glass of milk within seconds and we just felt so at home. The room was really large and very welcoming. Samuel our housekeeper would always be ready to help and keep our room well stocked with all the essentials. Also contrary to some comments we had no issues being on a low floor overlooking the nightclubs of Kenyatta Ave as the room had been very successfully sound-proofed Steve and the rest of the concierge team made sure that anything we needed could be found.

A great hotel which I will return to on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your feedback on your last stay with us. Thank you for the special mentions and the overall rating of the hotel.

Looking forward to hosting you again.

David Gachuru
Sarova Stanley

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

First of all the good:

- nice and comfortable room
- excellent Thai restaurant
- very polite and kind staff

But:

- I arrived around 9am and asked if I could access a room as I had to get ready for a more formal meeting. I was told that this would be possible if I would pay a full extra day. Sorry, but that's not usual. As I refused, I was told that 'it was my day of luck' and that I would get one and above all for free.
- my rate included a dinner. My dinner was nevertheless invoiced, I reminded about the rate and it was - partially - removed.
- beside the Thai restaurant - which is excellent - the other restaurants are rather basic and quality of the food is not up to the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We regret the experiences that resulted in the sentiments expressed in your review. We have noted your feedback on our level of interactions at check-in and check-out, our billing accuracy and food quality in the restaurants. We highly appreciate your feedback and it will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. It is such ratings that make all efforts worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back. You may contact us on thestanley@sarovahotels.com or call +254 20 2757000 for future bookings.

David Gachuru.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was in Nairobi for 3 nights on business and the client chose the Sarova Stanley. Very good choice.

The hotel has a very british colonial feel to it. Which means you get great service, always very classy, and you feel important.

The hotel staff is very helpful, polite and kind. Rooms are large, with all the necessary amenities. Showers could be more modern though: it was just the old-school shower/bath with a curtain.

The outdoor pool on the fifth floor, surrounded by tables to dine or work is very nice.

I particularly enjoyed the historic feel of the hotel, with many old pictures and stories about former patrons and british colonial lore.

The hotel's main restaurant is very good, but the "à la carte" thai restaurant is by far superior. That is one great restaurant!

The hotel is located in the heart of the city, close to many shops, coffee shops, banks and restaurants.

Wireless internet is free but you have to create a new account every time. Minor annoyance.

It's not cheap though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and are glad that we were a good choice. Looking forward to hosting you again.

David Gachuru.