First of all the good:
- nice and comfortable room
- excellent Thai restaurant
- very polite and kind staff
- I arrived around 9am and asked if I could access a room as I had to get ready for a more formal meeting. I was told that this would be possible if I would pay a full extra day. Sorry, but that's not usual. As I refused, I was told that 'it was my day of luck' and that I would get one and above all for free.
- my rate included a dinner. My dinner was nevertheless invoiced, I reminded about the rate and it was - partially - removed.
- beside the Thai restaurant - which is excellent - the other restaurants are rather basic and quality of the food is not up to the quality of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kenya’s first luxury hotel, Sarova Stanley opened its elegant doors in 1902. Since then, it has been making history- hosting royal safaris and legendary personalities such as Edward Prince of Wales and Ernest Hemingway. Today, as the hotel enters its second century, it continues to maintain its unique heritage and provides state-of-the-art services and facilities for business and leisure travelers. All guestrooms are a blend of luxurious Victorian grandeur and modern comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Jovago.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Sarova Stanley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Stanley Hotel Nairobi
- Sarova Stanley Nairobi