“Dream come true”
Review of Giraffe Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Giraffe Manor
Ranked #1 of 205 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Dream come true”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to go to this hotel. I booked for one night in October and was a bit afraid to look forward too much in case I was disapointed. I have walking difficulties and was afraid that it might take the edge of the trip. The stairs were a problem but they are anywhere so nothing new .I was not.. it was everything I had dreamt of... and then some. My daughter and I were like kids at Christmas and the staff indulged us as if they had never heard all our questions before.We stayed in Bettys room which was clean and comfortable with a fab 30's bathroom and Lynn the giraffe came up to the window in the morning for munchies..just as I wanted. The staff catered to our every need and we felt throughly spoilt during our time there.
The food was gorgeous and drinks plentiful !!The house itself was like something out of an Agatha Christie novel and the grounds were beautiful.Just like being in a movie.
And last but not least the giraffes !! The icing on the cake. How can you better that ... a truly once in a lifetime experience..in fact a dream come true.

Room Tip: Lynn the giraffe comes up to Bettys room in the morning for pellets.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 123amandaj_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed October 20, 2012

OK. i know, you probably think ive never been anywhere; right? you probably think im exagerating. NO I'M NOT! this place is PURE MAGIC, from the time you walk through the gates, to the grounds, to the manor, to the meals, to the staff, to the roses, to the cookies, to the cakes, to the ROOMS, to the...oh yah, the GIRAFFE!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY, a place that lives up to its reputation and reviews. out of a four-country, six-week tour of africa, i have to embarassingly say that THIS was my FAVORITE! too shallow? too bad. this place hits its mark.

oh, did i mention hand-feeding the WART HOGS and kissing the giraffe? just show up here and SIT in the front yard and you will have the time of your life! THANK YOU GIRAFFE MANOR! truly an honor to have gotten to stay at your place. i will never forget you!

Room Tip: Jock's room is right in front w a fireplace AND in front and the giraffe will walk up to your ro...
2 Thank audballa
JAS0126
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at Giraffe Manor for two nights in October 2012. The things that I loved were the great staff, great food and of course the giraffes and warthogs. And lunch outside in the beautiful gardens. However, our very small room was directly over the kitchen and so was quite loud (although it smelled good!). The original house has been joined by a new building in the back. For $1,000 a night I felt that we should be able to have breakfast with the giraffes in the main house (where our room was). Unfortunately we were shunted off to the new addition. Us and the warthogs.... I guess the trick is to show up early for breakfast to make sure you are seated in the right place. Don't think I'll be going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
19 Thank JAS0126
Concord, MA
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Everything about Giraffe Manor is top-notch, which we discovered the moment we arrived: it was 10:15 at night, at the end of an 8-hour flight from London, which came after a 6-hour flight from the United States. They provided us dinner! First in importance here is feeding the giraffes their kibble from the breakfast room each morning, undoubtedly a unique experience and perfectly charming. The wonderful staff even carefully framed the pictures they took of us doing this. Our room was huge and comfortable, and the bathroom equally so. We never sat down anywhere for more than a few moments before a staff member would inquire if he or she could get something for us. Food was plentiful and delicious, and we met interesting people around the large dinner table and during drinks. And everything was covered in the initial cost of the room, including a driver to take us around. That was perhaps what we most appreciated. The only glitch was that the Internet was not working well, and even when it was fixed, it wasn't very good. That aside, I would say that this is one of the most memorable places we have ever stayed at. Anyone who is planning to be near Nairobi should consider it (it's not cheap).

2 Thank Bev046
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

It may seem expensive to stay here but it is worth every penny we have travelled widely and this is the best place I have ever stayed. The rooms, the food and of course the Giraffes which is why you want to go in the first place. Just book it but well in advance cos its very popular!! oh and not to forget the staff are wonderful Nothing is too much trouble u get soo pampered you want to move in!!

Room Tip: stayed in Lyns room and she came to the window in the morning amazing loved it!
1 Thank travelmadNorthampton
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed September 25, 2012

When I think of Africa, I think of the movies I have seen set in days gone by. This place bridges the gap between the old and new. Small rooms with antiques and netting around the beds, but modern plumbing. Giraffes that poke their heads in to say hello at breakfast, with so ugly their cute warthogs. Communal dinners with your fellow travelers over wonderful food. You will not want the time machine to take you back to the regular business hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth J
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had wanted to stay at the Giraffe Manor for years. We arranged the beginning of our Tazanian safari around the availability at this place, and it was worth it! The experience is phenomenal in every possible way. We were greeted by a warm staff as we arrived late, exhausted and hungry. They took care of all of our belongings while they sat us down for a romantic and delicous three-course dinner. We mentioned it was our anniversary, and when we returned to our room, they had sprinkled rose petals all over and drawn a hot bubble bath. The special touches were really thoughtful.

The experience with the giraffes is almost beyond description. You wake up in an elegant British stately home, and there is a beautiful and friendly wild animal outside your window, eager to interact with you. We spent several hours feeding and petting the giraffes, and loved every minute of it.

I cannot overstate how happy we were that we stayed here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple