“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Fairview Hotel

Fairview Hotel
Ranked #3 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed March 8, 2011

What can I say, an amazing hotel. The rooms although slightly small are excellent. Everything is very clean and the customer service is outstanding. If you are looking for a hotel in Nairobi, chose this one as you will not go wrong.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 1 very short night at the Fairview Christmas Eve 2010. We were staying overnight on our way to Rwanda, and didn't check in until almost Midnight, and left around 8 am. Therefore I'm not sure how helpful my review may be, but had some thoughts to pass along.

Nairobi is a busy, bustling city, and while we didn't have time to venture around it all, the Fairview definitely deserves its moniker as "an oasis" in the city. The grounds are lovely, the gardens full of beautiful flowers and plants, and the they do a great job to make you think you're nowhere near the 3rd largest city in Africa.

Our check-in was quick and easy. Our room wasn't huge, but wasn't small either. The bed was hard, but I like my mattresses on the hard side. There was satellite TV available, but we didn't have much time to watch.

In the morning we took advantage of the hotel's breakfast, and that was a surprise. The buffet was very big, with tons of choices, from omelets made to order, to eggs, pancakes, waffles, meats, fruits, pastries, etc. There was also a great juice bar, and wonderful Kenyan coffee. It was a good way to start Christmas morning.

The pool area looked very welcoming, and with several restaurants at the hotel, it does seem like one could stay for a few days and not be too bored. It's the only hotel I've stayed at in Nairobi, so I can't compare it to anything else, but if I ever need a place to stay over while flying through Kenya, I think I'll stay at the Fairview again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2011

After 24 hours of travel I was ready to relax before beginning my safari. I was met at the airport by one of many taxi drivers that is contracted by the Fairview Hotel. His name is Jimmy Gathua and I highly recommend that you ask that he be your driver to the hotel. He is polite, friendly and acts as a tourguide as you ride through the streets of Nairobi to the Fairview.
The Fairview is in a quiet location and after staying in another hotel in the midst of Nairobi traffic I realized the taxi fare to the shopping areas is well worth the cost of peace and quiet as one recovers from jet lag.
The rooms are simple but contain all the ammenities necessary for comfort. The public areas are beautiful and serene. Their restaurants are varied and reasonably priced with good food. Their breakfast buffet is fantastic and as good as many four star hotels I have stayed in when in Spain and Portugal.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Spent 3 nights before and one night after a safari at the Fairview and found it the perfect place to relax. Ideal location within walking distance of the centre and the list of charges for hotel taxis was also useful. We took a taxi to the museum and the driver came back for us as arranged.
Breakfast was excellent with great choice on offer and we ate at the pool restaurant and found it good value. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the gardens are beautiful- it is hard to believe that you are so close to the traffic.
Our room was clean and comfortable and the free wifi was a bonus. If I am lucky enough to go back to Nairobi I will definitely stay at the Fairview- it lived up to its reputation as number 1 hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Finally...after coming from a wonderfult trip organized by polskenecotours@gmail.com we have adjusted to our cold weather and going back to work after a long vacation in Kenya we have found time to write reviews on all the hotels/ lodges we stayed in. we stayed at the Fairview hotel for two nights i.e the first and last night of our 10day trip. my wife was so pleased with the green environment that she wanted to spend another few days in the hotel, it is a quiet place to relieve the jet lag, great food and clean rooms, the staff are also very friendly. good place to start and end safari.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We stayed here for one night as our flight back to Europe stopped over in Nairobi for 24 hours. This hotel is an oasis in Nairobi. It is in a nice setting and has a pool which is nice to relax by with an iced coffee or cocktail! The restaurant by the pool is also excellent- we had a great dinner here. The breakfast was also excellent with a huge number of options to choose from.

We thought that the service was good- although at times a little slow in the restaurant, however in general staff were professional. We received a free upgrade to a business suite which was nice. This hotel has most facilities- including a gym, free wifi and a selection of restaurants to choose from. At this price we thought it was excellent value compared to some of the other places we stayed at in the area.

If you have a short amount of time to visit Nairobi this is a great base to explore from.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This hotel is a quiet oasis, situated pretty much in downtown Nairobi. While the room was perhaps a bit small, everything else was just great: the service, the pool area, the food/ coffee, the gym, Internet connectivity (free!) ... and all this at a very attractive price. Highly recommended! I am not surprised it is rated the no 1 hotel in Nairobi. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business