“Hotel Eden”
Review of Fairview Hotel

Fairview Hotel
Ranked #3 of 167 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Fairview Hotel is the only hotel l have ever being too in Africa that have exotic plants, extremely green vegetation, exquisite landscape and a site to behold. It is a heaven for
Couples.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are in the extension building not in the main building where the reception is situ...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia S
There are newer reviews for Fairview Hotel

Reviewed June 3, 2012

From the accurate information about how to get a taxi from the hotel, to the on-time, courteous and inexpensive airport shuttle, through the unexpectedly well-equipped (single, economy) room, the amazing breakfasts, caring service... I went on business and would return there on holiday.
The pool was lovely, the gym looked great, there is a sun-lounger area above the pool so sun-bathers aren't disturbed by people having meetings around the pool and the restaurant food was just great.
Moreover, for Nairobi, it wasn't too expensive.
And the WiFi works (and is free).
The only caveat is that if you want to get into town, this hotel is quite a way out (in traffic). The up-side is that it's near the airport so you're more likely to catch your plane home!

Room Tip: I had a single economy but it was more than adequate - nice sized bed, shower, good sized desk for w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Clownface10
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed for three months in their apartments and got to know the hotel, the restaurant, the staff, and the grounds very well. In a word, this place is stunning. It is a small city reinventing itself nearly every day to deal with the variety that is Kenya. Power goes out? The generator kicks on in seconds. Internet cable gets cut in Mombassa? The staff immediate send out word by phone and memo what is happening. Not enough pool seating? Within days, they built a pool bar to seat more people. No, this is no cookie-cutter place. No place like that would be in business for over a half century. Every time I threw a wrinkle at the staff (like storing blankets and equipment for 20+ South Sudanese orphans we were helping), they found a way to help us with a smile. The food was good, the service friendly and very African. When we come back, you can bet your buttons that this is the place we'll go.

Room Tip: If there is something you need, just ask. They aren't superhuman, but they are great at doing am...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DocMara
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I spent three weeks here while on business in Nairobi and loved every minute of it. Carefully prepared food -- especially the amazing breakfast buffet -- gorgeous grounds, pristine swimming pool, and even a fire pit where a group of us enjoyed a campfire one night. All of the staff were so welcoming and the rooms were spotless. I also enjoyed the best cup of tea I've had in all my travels at this hotel! I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I stayed in the modern new wing across the road and through a gate from the main building. It was a...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EllenArlington
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to our flight back to the Uk following a wonderful safari organised for us by JT Safaris although we booked this hotel ourselves as a result of searching the web for a good hotel in Nairobi. We were impressed with the security at the hotel and as a result felt extremely safe. When we booked in we found that our rooms had been upgraded and we had two suites. We ate in two of the restaurants and found the food to be really good in both. Staying here was a delight, we were very impressed.
Keith, Diane and Mathew

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nimdi
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I think most people who travel a lot for business have a favourite hotel which they keep coming back to. The Fairview in Nairobi is mine. Surely I have been to more luxurious and modern hotels but the Fairview is like a home-from-home and you cannot really beat that. The grounds of the hotel are stunning and peaceful and you feel relaxed the moments you are inside the hotel compound. I have only stayed in the First Class rooms which are great, very African and woody with a airy feel to them. At this stay I was upgraded to a suite which was even nicer. All first class rooms have massive bathrooms. Breakfast is good and have a good variety. The pool bar serves good pizza and is a great place to hang out for a few Whitecaps. Tried the formal restaurant during this visit which was very good.
The best thing about the Faiview is its stay staff always helpful, smiley and efficient. I will never stay anywhere else in Nairobi

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rolfbusk
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel is the best hotel in Nairobi. On the way from the airport our driver pointed out many high priced hotels which he claimed were great.
However after I left the Fairview Hotel after my 1 night stay (awaiting safari) I knew I found the best hotel in town. Whether on business or pleasure the Fairview is perfect for everyone. I was very lucky with this find.

CR Bradenton, FL.