Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$203
Hotels.com$203
Fairmont$203
Priceline$203
Travelocity$203
Destinia.com$235
1,407 results
All reviews lord delamere terrace cin cin rooms are spacious visiting nairobi safari security kenya gym
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2007

I travel a fair bit round Africa and the Norfolk certainly stands out as one of the better ones. The room was fine (although I had to get an enginner in as the air-conditiioning broke down), the food was average but generally not bad, the gardens were beautiful and the staff were very welcoming.

I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it. On prevoius visits to Nairobi I have only stayed at the intercontinental. The Norfolk is definitely now my preferred option. I never felt too comfortable as a female on my own in the Intercontinental but I felt very much at home in the Norfolk and I really enjoyed using the wireless access to work on the terrace overlooking the well tended gardens and enjoying the sunshine.

During my stay I visited The Serna which looked really nice I would perhaps want to try this one also.

Date of stay: January 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank LadyinOxfordshire
Reviewed January 7, 2007

I loved the thought that Karen Blixen stayed here and, as I understand it, the bar is the one she was refused admission to. So, the first thing I did on arrival was to check out the bar. There are hundreds of photos of well-know people who stayed at the Norfolk through the years. We stayed there two nights, the first on our way to safari and the second on our return. The public areas of the hotel are outstanding and have a very British feel. The staff is gracious, but we had very poor service for an evening meal with our group of 16. The rooms are attractive, clean, and comfortable except the airconditioning was not working when we were there. Some of the rooms are rather challenging to get to as you go through the garden, up and down steps before arriving at your room. So, if you have problems getting around, ask for a room that is easily accessible without lots of stairs. I recommend you don't miss the Norfolk when in Nairobi and if you can't spend the night, at least have a drink at the bar and toast all the lucky people who discovered Africa long ago.

Date of stay: December 2006
3  Thank PMTravel
Reviewed November 22, 2006

The Norfolk Hotel, built in 1904, is an oasis of serenity and beauty in Nairobi: a busy, dirty, and often dangerous city. This is a charming 2 story hotel built around a central flower garden. I stayed there three times in March while I was doing some work in Nairobi and then trravelling throughout Namibia and Kenya. Each time I returned, I was greated like an old friend, even at 5:00 am. when I arrived off a red-eye from Johannesburg and found my lovely room fresh and waiting for me. Be sure to opt for a garden facing room, its definately worth it.

The breakfast buffet is wonderful and has everything you could possibly want. There is a verhanda bar, and a street side (but secluded) dinner restaurant, Lord Delamare's.

Swimming pool, fitness centre, business facilities, and the loveliest flower bouquets in the lobby.

This is a very special place.

Date of stay: March 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
8  Thank JayTea
A Tripadvisor Member
Nairobi
Reviewed November 4, 2006

The Norfolk Hotel and apartments

This former colonial bastion has a rich history and was a preserve of the colonialists. The 5 star Nairobi hotel is set on the outskirts of the CBD and opposite the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation and the Nairobi University. It is set in a quite serene environment and yet a 5 minute walks from the CBD. The hotel offers spacious rooms fronting well manicured lawns strewn with colonial and world war relics and gunship (defunct though).

The ambience is British Elizabethan in style and offers fine dining and has several well serviced conference rooms. The hotel has undergone heavy refurbishment that has brought a modern aura while retaining the historical touch. It is famous with high end business and safari travelers mainly from Europe. The service is excellent and reflective of its 5-star rating.Airport transfers offered.

The Norfolk Nairobi apartments are high-end fully furnished apartments for short and long-term stay. The five-star apartments are located next to the hotel and are popular with expatriate clients working in Kenya for 2 weeks or more. They have well manicures lawns and a are well serviced. The security is good and in quiet.

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank A Tripadvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2006

My new husband & I stayed here for 2 nights prior to our Honeymoon safari. Our welcome by all of the staff was absolutely fantastic & we were upgraded to a suite as we were honeymooners.

The room was great, very spacious & comfortable. The restaurant served average food but the service was wonderful with friendly & informative staff.

We lounged by the pool during the day & again the service was wonderful but there appeared to be a conference taking place in a meeting room by the pool so we felt a little out of place in our swimming gear amongst people dressed in work wear.

If we were to go to Nairobi again I'd definitely use this hotel as a base again but would probably just stay for 1 night rather than 2.

Date of stay: September 2006