1,023 results
All reviews very nice hotel room service long flight our honeymoon breakfast buffet an oasis pool side mini bar business hotel masai mara maghreb safari security africa gym renovation doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I checked out of the hotel on Tuesday after two days I missed my flight and on my way back to the hotel I sent my driver to reserve the room as I was having an after thought meeting he was in formed that my luggage could not be taken to the room till I paid deposit . My take despite hotel policy on that is that the lady receptionist could have handled this differently may be escalate to her supervisor or call me and politely advise me in may case I could not access the key without checking with the front office she was very argumentative I have patronized Serena for over a decade I won’t be coming back neither will guests from my organization .

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Nairobi Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Lumumba,

We trust you are well and thank you for your repeat patronage.

We wish to sincerely convey an apology on behalf of Nairobi Serena hotel for the check-in experience on your return visit which did not meet your expectations. As you rightfully mentioned, the hotel policy is clear on check-in procedures and recommends that every guest should be checked-in in person to sign the registration form and carry out relevant check-in formalities. Nevertheless, this could have been handled differently as the driver had delivered your luggage into the hotel ahead of you.

We fell short of meeting your expectations this time for which we are truly sorry. Nairobi Serena Hotel is reputed for quality service and high brand standards and this was a bad occurrence which shall not happen again in future. We remain indebted to you for the continued business support and hope that this unfortunate occurrence will not mar your loyalty to our establishment.

We do hope that in the near future, you will give us another chance to reaffirm to you our commitment to high quality service to our customers.

Regards,

Daniel Kangú

Reviewed September 9, 2019

we had a 50th surprise birthday for my eldest sister and the experience was the best. The food was out of this world. We danced so much. if you are looking for an upscale place to party that's the place to be.

Room tip: located right in town making easy access.
Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

The hotel looks vibrant and lovely after after the renovation and expansion..The meals at the Aksum restaurant were delicious..
Great service and ambience. Looking forward to the next visit.
Location is great and very accessible.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2019

I stayed at the Nairobi Serena Hotel for 4 nights. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Very safe. Beautiful design and outstanding breakfast included. I am already booked to stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 16, 2019

We stayed at the Serena for 3 nights at the start of our holiday in Kenya and again for one night halfway through (enroute between the Masai Mara and Tsavo West). Everyone was very helpful, from the very smart doorman, the porters, the receptionist, the waiters, the room attendants, pool staff, spa staff etc. Rooms were clean and the mini bar well stocked. Breakfast buffet was excellent - a huge choice. Meals by the pool were very good. Even saw lots of birds in the gardens - common bulbul, variable sunbird, olive thrush, hada ibis, baglafehct weaver, pied wagtail, speckled mousebird. Hope to return again one day.

Date of stay: July 2019