Nairobi Serena Hotel
Priceline
$109
$78
Priceline
All reviewsleading hotels of the worldroom servicevery nice hotellong flightafrican artbreakfast buffetan oasisbusy cityrooms are comfortablecentral locationgift shopsafari tripbusiness hotelmasai maramaghrebsecuritygym
Reviewed June 14, 2013

First trip to Nairobi and the hotel was picked to be close to my business appointments. Good choice though. Hotel itself was warm and welcoming. Staff very friendly and courteous. Rooms were a little tired but I had a good nights sleep, and a decent hot shower.
Breakfast was good. Pancakes should just be pancakes, right?, but these were just mouthwateringly good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DarkeinOman
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Not your normal glitzy hotel - instead you get loads of character. Lovely room - good ac, comfy bed and OK shower. The bar is excellent - great selection of local beers and snacks. The pool was lovely (and cool) after a hard days work. The restaurant had a good selection of food, especially at breakfast and on buffet days. The bread was disappointing. Try the excellent Kenyan coffee and tea. Friendly staff. Lots of security.

Room Tip: High floor with garden view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had a meeting in Nairobi and my husband and I decided to make it into a holiday. I had never before stayed with any Serena property. I entrusted them with our itinerary, and they did not disappoint. We had a stunning room laden with flowers. Someone must have overheard when I mentioned how much I loved the orange roses, because the next day, I had two bouquets. The decor is lovely and comfortable. The breakfast, menu an buffet, great deal and plentiful. Everything was fresh and delicious. Eating poolside, one can tell that this is business-lunch central. At night, the restaurant was delicious. We enjoyed a lovely dinner. Best..the service at the hotel was exemplary. Concierge arranged our entire two week itinerary. We stayed with Serena at three properties. Would have been 4, but we had to cancel Mombasa. A wonderful property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Was there for business. The food was good and prompt. The service was warm and efficient. It was a packed house but they were quite effective! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The surroundings were pretty serene. It being so close to the CBD it was quite a good shock.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Elenor M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at Serena in May. Close to 40 years since my last visit. I enjoyed it as much this time as then. Serena is still charming.

My room was modern and kept clean.

Restaurants offer good value. Breakfast is excellent.

Staff in reception and in the restaurant provide excellent service.

Internett worked fine in the room and in the reception.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business