“Decent stay”

Nairobi Serena Hotel
Ranked #7 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed at the Serena for 2 night in late May 2012. I was in Nairobi on business and this hotel fit well with my requirements - close to downtown and safe. The artwork at the lobby are very impressive, rooms are a good size, comfortable beds, clean. Breakfast buffet had variety esp with fruits - both the restaurant & hotel staff very kind and nice. No truly Kenyan food around more international cuisine. The concierge was especially helpful. There was a problem with the tv in my room, it took less than 10 mins for the technician to come and fix it. No mosquitos - which is a major thing in East Africa .. So next time I go to Kenya on business, Serena is the place to stay .

Room Tip: my room overlooked the entrance and was quiet - so you can opt for a room overlooking the Kenyatta a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night in Mid May on way to Safari. Found it to be an excellent hotel, we arrived early after an overnight flight and expected to have to wait to check in, not the case we had coffee and were checked in by 8.30am. Rooms were very good, service was top class. Position of hotel is good near enough to airport but quiet and very nice gardens,very different to when we last stayed in Nairobi several years ago when we felt very unsafe, in fact my wife was nervous about staying in Nairobi after the last time but she found the hotel very relaxing and "stress" free. The pool area was lovely, the food around the pool was very good. I would have no hesitation about staying here again and I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Maybe it's because I live in Nairobi that I'm surprised that there's a security alert on this hotel because it has to be one of the safest places in Nairobi. Apart from that my husband and I spent our wedding night at the Serena before traveling and it was absolutely excellent!! They were so welcoming and polite to us and they even gave us gifts and an upgrade to a suite which was EXCELLENT. It was beautifully decorated and had petals everywhere, Champagne and snacks. They even gave our best maid a room for a few hours to change and nap as it had rained heavily on our wedding day and we were soaked. The beds were amazing and Breakfast was nothing short of magnificent. It was very affordable and we even had our wedding photos done there which turned out great. I cannot fault this hotel in any way!!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Ideal as its conveniently located near the C.B.D. Quiet with very warm staff. Its an awesome experience

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.. The higher the room is located, you get a better view of the gar...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This property is LOVELY and has a plethora of birds. Bring your binoculars and your camera. Also, if you have hip/knee/breathing problems, request a room close to the lobby as the climb up the 35 degree hill can be rather arduous for those with limited capabilities. However, the higher level rooms have a better view of Lake Nakuru

Room Tip: if you have hip/knee/breathing problems, request a room close to the lobby as the climb up the 35 de...
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Very nice hotel for business meetings. When in Nairobi I appreciate hotels that are near the city centre and yet not too noisy. This is that perfect hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel--the hotel has beautiful decor and the lavish, extremely large rooms were extremely spacious. Though I was just one person, a family of 6 probably would have been comfortable in my luxurious room! The restaurant had a great selection and very attentive service, though I found the food itself to be only fair. The landscaping was also only fair; from the description I thought it would be larger, but that was not an issue. Free WiFi with a beautiful wood desk arranged for work was a great perk. I loved the stay, I felt very relaxed and pampered by the setting and the room/amenities. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo