“Staff excessively push the safari Tour”
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #31 of 168 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed January 18, 2010

The staff at this hotel really push a safari tour. I expressed a slight bit of interest to the porter, and received four cold calls from tour operators in one night. The latest came after 22:00. I finally had to complain to management, who were uninterested. Gym has a Concept II rowing machine and nice weights. High Speed Internet is slow, and only connects via cable.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 13, 2009

Meeting in Kenyatta International Convention Center; this hotel was extremely convenient, and staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I stayed in Nairobi for 1 night at the end of a 2 week holiday, unfortunately I left my hotel booking until 2 days before I was due to arrive and most hotels were full. I managed to get a room here and was quite pleased as it looked to be very well located.

The reception was typically Hilton looking, and check-in was ok as it was very busy.

The room was a standard room, hopefully the superior rooms are better, and I was very disappointed when I opened the door. I assume the hotel was built in the 70's or early 80's as the room design is very, very dated. It's had a few coats of paint since then but the whole room looked very tired and in need of some TLC. There was a large safe which was big enough to fit a laptop inside, although the TV also appeared to be a refugee from the 1980's. The bathroom was along the same lines, clean but very worn looking.

Luckily I only spent 1 night here, but in future will definitely book much earlier to make sure I can stay somewhere different !

There is an outdoor pool here, but I didn't get time to take a look at it. 'The Jockey' (the onsite English pub) is ok for a few drinks.

If you can stay somewhere else in Nairobi, then you probably should.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Blackheathbloke
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I went to Nairobi in a business trip. The hotel was well located specially it was very close to KICC where we had to participate in the Food Agro exhibition. The service was good as well as the breakfast. But the rooms are average and need to be renovated. We had to pay $35/night extra to get the business package that included internet connection and daily newspaper for free. overall i find this hotel overpriced.
Also I like to mention that Nairobi is a dangerous city. Although Hotel reception mentioned to us to be careful and not to walk in the streets when dark, but they didnt mention that we have to keep taxi rear windows ALWAYS CLOSED while in the car. For this reason my wifes handbag got snatched while the taxi was stopping in traffic and we were unable to do nothing except reporting it to hotel security.
My advise to everyone visiting Nairobi is to be carefull even while sitting in a taxi. Keep the doors and windows locked.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I stayed at this hotel because I had enough Hilton points for a free stay. The service was first-rate, even better than most of the Hiltons I have stayed at in the US. The rooms were cleaned twice daily, and I had some complimentary resh fruit, tea and crackers available every day. My room was spacious, with 2 TVs and two bathrooms, with beautiful African-style mahogany furniture. The front desk staff were always courteous, and even though I called them many times for different reasons. They have a decent-sized gym, with a knowledgeable fitness trainer always available. Security was first-rate, and it is located in the middle of town with easy access to shopping and cheap but good food. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. i would definitely stay there again, even if I had to pay full price for it.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Stayed here with a U.S. Navy P-3 flight-crew after many weeks on the road. The hotel was wonderful, beds were outstanding. Check-in was a bit slow, but it gave us ample time to check-out the beautiful Luftstanza flight attendants that were checking in next to us!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Stayed here for a couple of nights after 4wks on an overland truck camping so it probably did feel alot nicer than it actually was! lol. It was clean and the room were a good size and it was amazing to have a toilet that flushed! Service was good and we left a bag with them for 4wks as we stayed before and after the overland trip. It was in a very central location and there was a great pizza place just over the road. The pool was lovely and the pool bar was a nice place to sit and have a drink! on the whole a good stay, im going back there in dec 09 so hopefully it hasnt changed!

Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple