Stayed here for six days in the month of July 2014 for business purpose.
Its an old but well maintained hotel. People serving you at the Travellers restaurant are good. However, people on reception including the managers need serious training to treat customers.
They have no idea about what is going on and how to resolve problems. There are a few instances which made the otherwise good stay an unpleasant one.
One of the hotel guy called me at 4 AM in the morning asking to settle a bill of last evening dinner, which they didn't bring while serving the food in room. They could have waited for next morning. Sure they sent an apology letter later on but that does not mean that they keep annoying people staying there.
A night before check out they charged some 10,900 Shillings for Internet usage in my colleague's room, which actually was not used. After two hours of arguments they realized the mistake and had to waive off. If we wouldn't have protested they would have charged us the amount.
While we settled the bills in night to get a quick check out, they handed over another bill for some phone call which was never made. Again after another argument they waived it off as there was no call made.
It appears to me as if they keep on posting wrong charges until someone protests.
Hence a tip is to verify the bills very carefully before check out.
Also, using their services are very expensive. For a trip of 11 kms and three hours they quoted 6000 shillings. That's way too high compared to other premium taxi services.
Post servicing the room they would not places essentials like towels, water etc which one has to call and ask. Pretty much against the operating proceduees of an ISO certified hotel !
Overall, good hotel, descent food but bad systems and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Kenya from the Hilton Nairobi hotel, situated in the city's central business district, one block away from the Kenyatta International Convention Centre and only 25 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel enjoys proximity to several major banking institutions, universities and government offices, including the Parliament and the High Court of Kenya ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International