“My Trip to Nairobi July 2014” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #29 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Juba, South Sudan
“My Trip to Nairobi July 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

it has been pleasure to me to enjoy such wanderful stay in Hilton in Nairobi I am satisfied and thankful for such services it could be more enjoyable if had the opportunity to be with my family, I which I will be having the opportunity to put such into action in any time to come in the near future

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Nairobi and the services provided by our team. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

With best regards,

AMOS MWORIA I Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Hello!

We stayed at the Hilton in Nairobi during our short stay in the city. I was quite disappointed as I believe this was definitely not Hilton standard. The staff were friendly and they offer fitness and training facilities. However, we were upgraded to a "suite" which hardly had any suite-like qualities from what we know from travel experiences. The food was also pretty average and their VIP lounge needs a serious face-lift. The air-conditioning didn't work in one of our rooms, and we had to call a porter to help us move into a new one at midnight. Overall it stood to be a decent experience, but decent is not what i believe Hilton promises.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

I regret to see that the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation, for which I sincerely apologize. We are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance of the Hotel in time to come.

We further note that the air conditioning in the room did not work, therefore you had to move rooms late at night. I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Nevertheless, we are happy that you were satisfied with our team’s hospitality and facilities. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back at Hilton Nairobi.

AMOS MWORIA I Front Desk Manager

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Helsinkin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Rooms were spacious but a bit rundown. Hotel needs renovation. Breakfast was great as in almost all Hiltons. We also had dinners at hotels restaurant and the pastas they served were excellent. Being a HHonors gold member we had access to the hotels lounge as well .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your nice review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and truly appreciate your nice compliments about our breakfast and dinner offerings.

As of the condition of our rooms, sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation. However, we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance. the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all our efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Nanyuki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton in early May 2014 during a meeting in Nairobi. Welcome at the desk during the early morning was excellent. I asked for a room to change for the meeting, and this was quickly arranged. Later on got a room with a good view of the city. Mr Amos Mworia was an exceptional Host. Keep it up.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi.

I am personally happy and humbled to read that you enjoyed our warm hospitality and facilities. We are glad that you were very satisfied with our teams’ prompt response to your requests; we take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays.

Thank you for the wonderful review, it was truly a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

Kind regards,

Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

That was my second stay at Hilton , It was a nightmare stay from all perspectives. one of the reasons that I asked for quick departure from Nairobi, was just to avoid one more night sleep in Hilton. I was really suffering from the horrible food quality served on breakfast and dinner. Besides the high charges comparing to the very law level of quality.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Referring to your comment, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction with the quality of food as compared to the charges, I am sincerely sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation. I have shared your comment with our executive chef i/c of food and beverage for review.

However, I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi, and re-establish your faith in our hotel. I do appreciate your critical yet honest feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Decent enough Hotel. There are signs of ageing across the hotel - rusted faucets, dusty covers etc. Some areas, like the Lifts, are getting renovated. The Staff is wonderful and very polite. The saving grace was the excellent sleep quality. Internet speed is decent, although if you dont have it included as part of your room, you will have to shell out USD 22 more. A better option would be to pay and upgrade to the Executive Lounge. You can strike a deal with the manager, pay for the upgrade, and get internet free as part of the upgrade.

Always try to get rooms on the higher floors. These are the executive floors and have better rooms. Try to work your charms on the front office staff and get a room overlooking the Pool :). It is worth every penny paid, specially during summer.

Room Tip: Always pick the rooms on the higher floors. They give you access to the lounge, as well as free drin...
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice feedback regarding your stay at Hilton Nairobi.

We are delighted to read, that you were satisfied with your overall experience and thank you for the fine compliments you make about the hospitality of our team and service.

With regards of the physical state of the facility, sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation; however, we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance. Meanwhile I have shared your comment about dusty covers with our asst. housekeeper to ensure frequent dusting is done, as this is due to the ongoing lift construction.

We do take great pride in offering our guests inspiring services, and we looking forward to welcoming you back soon again.

tel aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Horrible service, sink with no hot water, construction on the living floor up to 7 pm, old and uncomfortable room, room service that takes 55 minutes for a pizza, total disgrace!!! stay away for your own well being

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.
Unfortunately we have not been able to fully meet your expectation. We do appreciate your critical yet constructive feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards.