1,412 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepool levelhilton honorscentral locationbit datedbusiness centerbusiness tripsecuritymeetingtrafficsafaridoormancbdconference
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton in Nairobi for three nights in April. As most of the reviews state, the hotel requires some attention in certain areas. The rooms are neat and clean and well appointed. But the toilets badly need renovation. This is where the hotel is lacking when we consider international standards. The check in/ check out process was quick. Staff were always helpful and the location is apt if you want to be in the centre of the city, next to the KICC and the supreme court. Break fast is okay at the best and can improve, when comapred with other Hiltons that I have stayed else where.

Internet is on chargeable basis in the room. But is quite fast. In room dining will cost you more. The general quality of food, with regards to taste, needs to improve considerably.

One very positive aspect of the hotel is the halth club and swimming pool. Both are well maintained and worth your while. On the whole, Hilton Nairobi will be a safe and conveninent option for an international traveller.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us, and we do appreciate your constructive feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Unfortunately the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation during your recent stay with us, as you indicated in this review; my profound apologies for this, and I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

Thank you for the fine compliments regarding the helpfulness of our team members, health club, swimming pool and the general safety of the hotel .

We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manuela Brode
Director of Operations

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just as my title says, don't trust website photos. Their standard rooms are nothing like the photos. Very disappointing. The rooms look like they could use an update. For a Hilton hotel, it was very disappointing. Any new furniture was of very cheap quality. So obvious because it did not match the older furniture. The beds had no stoppers so you had to keep pushing it against the wall. Lighting was very bad - not enough light in the room.

But, staff were friendly and the breakfast buffet was more than adequate.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us.

I regret to see that our property outlook did not meet your expectations, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. However, we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Nairobi.

Best regards,
MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Booked into the Hilton and arranged a tour of Nairobi Park. Sadly, no one knew much about the arrangments when we arrived. The price agreed to had to be proven with a copy of the email I brought with me. The charges for the room were not accurate. The place is under construction...service is average.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email and feedback following your recent stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi.

I regret that that there was indeed internal miscommunication which resulted in the front desk team not having the information regarding your tour, I also checked regarding the price for the tour of which I would like to clarify that the total fee charged was for the national park tour and a surcharge is charged for any additional tours or trips requested. My sincere apologies as this was not made clear to you upon confirmation of the tour. Please be assured that we have taken corrective measures to avoid such an incident from re-occurring to any of our guests in the future.

We have also noted your comment on the average standard of service experienced and billing errors. We do appreciate your critical yet constructive feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manuela Brode
Director of Operations

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I had a good stay at the Hilton. Generally the room service was fantastic. The location of the hotel is fabulous as it is in the heart of the city. There was good variety for breakfast and I enjoyed the omelette. I was impressed with security at Hilton it was spot on.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Manuela B, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience; the room service, variety at breakfast and security which made your stay worthwhile.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Martin Voskamp

Reviewed May 8, 2014

A frequent guest at Hilton NBO like to say how incredibly honest staff here are.
in particular Mr Lawrence Opiyo Ongaro . On reaching the hotel, as I was in hurry to get to my venue, I handed Lawrence my unsealed purse with all travel documents,
passport, foreign money, credit cards and cash plus other valuables to look after.
Nothing was removed or touched. There was no worry when I returned to my Room next day.
This is virtually unthinkable at most other hotels. The concierge team are al excellent.

The management has not reviewed shuttle charges from #rt remain pretty high
though the local reputed taxi Company KENACTO offer better rate all smart vehicles, bookable
in advance or available at a#rt . For someone having to make more than three - six journeys from a'rt is a much better deal.

Room Tip: For fresh air pool side rooms are very healthy situated as doors can be opened but endure disturbance from the early swimmers from Health Club members on weekends gets quite noisy. better take rooms up in the tower.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about honesty of our team members. We have gladly shared this with the entire team and Lawrence in particular.

With regards to the shuttle charges, we appreciate your critical yet constructive feedback as this will go a long way in improving the quality of service to our guests.

We appreciate your positive comments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Martin Voskamp