1,414 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepool levelhilton honorscentral locationbit datedbusiness centerbusiness tripsecuritymeetingtrafficsafaridoormancbdconference
Reviewed April 22, 2014

the staff were friendly and helpful , the rooms looked more for bag packers and students, the room myself and colleague were only staying for a few hours to catch up in sleep as we had been travelling for 30 hours at this time, the room looked clean enough but the bed sheets were stained and there were cockroaches in the room pointing out here that they were big, i couldnt sleep so sat at the pool until i had to leave for my might flight to Jo'burgh .

1  Thank Jackie M
Manuela B, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us; You have my sincere apologies for this. I am wish to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

I regret to read your comment with regards of stained bed sheets, again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and this discomforting experience. Immediately I shared the information with our assistant executive housekeeper to ensure linen from laundry is thoroughly checked before being distributed to the rooms.

As of the cockroaches presence in the rooms, we had carried out an intensive fumigation exercise and this is a rare case. I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have monitored the situation since then and rest assured we have taken your honest feedback very seriously and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. Again, I am sorry for this.

Nevertheless, we appreciate the compliments you make about out team members hospitality.

Out esteemed guest, as our promise to all our guest is to ‘make it right’ and ensure customer satisfaction, we hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Yours sincerely,

Martin Voskamp

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I spent one night at the Hilton Nairobi in assocation with a safari trip to Masai Mara. The hotel in itself is a former greatness, with a nice lobby however the rooms are outdated. The first room I got was close to the pool and had a sort of moldy smell, and no air-condition working. After several complaints and efforts to get the air-condtion working I was upgraded to an excecutive room.
In addition the reception was very helpful in booking table at a resturant on short notice.
All in all the hotel has a great location but unfortunately the rooms are not up to Hilton standard. The service on the other hand is top Hilton standard!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not loacted on the same floor as the pool. They are smelly and have a moisty and poor inndoor environment.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for coming back to us with your honest feedback about your stay in our facility.

I am indeed very sorry to read that our facility did not meet your expectation, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

I regret to see that you experienced a mouldy smell in your room, I have shared your comment with our executive housekeeper to ensure proper aeration of the rooms, as we do also use a special air fresher machine for this. Thank you for your feedback as this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your compliment about our service and we truly hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi.

With kind regards.

Martin Voskamp

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel is the forgotten piece in the HILTON Hotel Chain in deepest darkest Africa. it needs a complete makeover. the only saving grace is the quality and helpfulness of the staff pity they cannot change a very ageing hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us, and we do appreciate your constructive feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Unfortunately the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation during your recent stay with us, as you indicated in this review; my profound apologies for this, and I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

However, we truly appreciate your nice compliments our team members hospitality.

With kind regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although the hotel is tired and in need of a large amount of TLC, the staff at the Hilton Nairobi made my stay pleasant and comfortable even with the heightened security. The reception team sorted my transport everyday to and from the office and even recommended I check out at 2000hrs on my finally day so I could rest before my flight - nice touch.
The food was tasty and plentiful and I was able to try new things whilst keeping to a prescribed eating plan. The Kenyan buffet night went down well - loved everything except the fish heads!
As a first time traveller to Kenya, I enjoyed my stay - Thanks Hilton staff.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor - part of the executive level. Not sure what made it so except the lounge area. I'm thinking that the rooms throughout the hotel are much of a muchness and just need TLC.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience.

We truly appreciate your nice compliments about the security and good food, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all our efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hotels in Nairobi aren't generally held in high regard, and this is no different really. This hotel is very dated but from my understanding that is generally going to be the case in the majority of hotels you stay in in Nairobi.

This hotel is located in the Central Business District, however you could argue that the Westlands area is a better location when on business and next time I'm in Nairobi I will stay in that area next. Although I wouldn't have a problem with staying at this hotel again, I just wouldn't particularly look forward to it, my advice is do your research in Nairobi as traffic is crazy and select your hotel based on location that is convenient for you, if that leads you to the Hilton that's fine as it is an ok hotel, just nothing special.

Food is ok at the hotel, adequate breakfast and meals, nothing great about it, but again happy to eat there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words with regards to your recent stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. I am sincerely sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation.

We do appreciate your honest feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards,