New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #29 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Average Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hotels in Nairobi aren't generally held in high regard, and this is no different really. This hotel is very dated but from my understanding that is generally going to be the case in the majority of hotels you stay in in Nairobi.

This hotel is located in the Central Business District, however you could argue that the Westlands area is a better location when on business and next time I'm in Nairobi I will stay in that area next. Although I wouldn't have a problem with staying at this hotel again, I just wouldn't particularly look forward to it, my advice is do your research in Nairobi as traffic is crazy and select your hotel based on location that is convenient for you, if that leads you to the Hilton that's fine as it is an ok hotel, just nothing special.

Food is ok at the hotel, adequate breakfast and meals, nothing great about it, but again happy to eat there again.

• 4 of 5 stars
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words with regards to your recent stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. I am sincerely sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation.

We do appreciate your honest feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed overnight prior to our Kenyan Safari. Located in the heart of the city, very crowded area in the evenings. Lots do security inside and outside the hotel. Feels secure. As other reviewers rightly pointed out, the hotel looks very tired and worn out. No wonder since I saw a sign outside which mentions that the hotel was inaugurated in 1969. Our room was located on the pool floor. Rooms were really worn out and in this modern age when you require power sockets to charge your mobile devices etc, I had to hunt all around the room trying to locate a charging socket. Finally I had to move the writing desk and unplug one of the bed lights, in order to get a electrical socket. Beds were excellent and we had a comfortable sleep although we could hear the sound of music during the night. Breakfast was excellent and staff were very attentive. Overall impression - much better options could be available in Nairobi for the same price range.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi and I am very glad that you enjoyed our great hospitality and good sleep.

With regards of the physical state of the room and fixtures, I am sincerely sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation and the inconvenience experienced. I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Kind regards,

Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

What stands out for me was the excellent staff that are on hand to assist Guests. Got a warm welcome and was impressed by the customer service. Facilities are good as well. Overall worth staying there, especially if on a business trip to Nairobi.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi, and thank you very much for your nice feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and we appreciate your compliments about our customer care and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back and the opportunity to serve you again.

Kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

TANGA, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Real the staff of theis hotel have a spirity of hospitality to the extend of guest to feel honored as highly respected. Again the rooms are very quite ie free of unnecessary noises throughout my stay in the hotel.So I would like to recommend this hotel as the best to host quest and big conferences.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

Best regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very tired and worn hotel. Good service and clean, but a shadow of its former self. The staff did their best but a stay of any more then one night would have been difficult. It was clear what the hotel must have been like in the past, but it will require some decent investment to bring it back to that standard once more.

Dear guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

unfortunately the physical state of our property did not meet your expectation, for which I am sincerely sorry. However, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

Our esteemed guest, although we have not been able to meet your expectation, I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Johannesburg East, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Hilton Nairobi need to work on its ambiens as it does not meet the standard and brand of Hilton Hotel internationally. Its lobby leaves much to be desired. For the price we paid for the hotel at least should have made WIFI available in rooms for free rather than having to make us work from a cramped lobby with poor ambience. Pool area has no proper electric plugs and if you find any. It is obstructed by the wooden fence making it difficult to plug your computer plug for power supply. I therefore strongly feel that the Nairobi Hilton hotel has failed to meet the standard and ambience of the Hilton brand in many ways. When I entered the hotel from the lobby I wondered whether I'm in a five star hotel. Rooms also did not exceed my expectations of a five star. For instance the chair in room 802 was falling apart. food very dry, bread was tasteless. consider changing your baker.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our service and friendliness of our team members.

We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

When you say "Hilton" it has to be best.
Hilton Nairobi is good hotel but you may not have same experience as that of other Hilton chain of hotels. Reason being its a old property. The place is very comfortable and conveniently located in central business district. All banks head offices are at walking distance from this hotel. Hotel is under going renovation. You may hear construction sound. Two lifts are operational but 3rd one is getting renovated. Great staff at front desk and housekeeping

Breakfast is too good . Safe place to stay

Hotel rooms are very nice. Overall experince very good

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,
We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
With pleasure we read your compliments and truly appreciate the good comments you make about our team members hospitality and safety. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and as well liked the facility’s proximity to main offices within the business district. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

As of the condition of the facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come; Construction and upgrade of elevators is currently underway as observed.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.