“Before and after safari stay”
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #29 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Chicago
“Before and after safari stay”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have Hilton Gold Status, so I chose to stay here before and after safari. The location was not bad right in the CBD which is quite a busy area. The rooms nice, well insulated I heard no street noise. The executive lounge was quite nice, plenty of food and drink options.
I would stay again. One minor complaint, the hotel charged a foreign transaction fee for pre-paying my reservation. I did not notice the fees for charges done at the Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the outstanding compliments you make about our facilities. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

With regards of foreign transaction fee, kindly be advised that this fee is charged by an individual bank when a transaction is conducted in a foreign country and not by Hilton Nairobi. We gladly assist you with further details when contacting us directly.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.
With kind regards

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Room quotation need to include taxes as well to avoid any unexpected budget from the guests . This was a surprise when I realize that I will be short of money to pay my room and also to see that standard rooms and executives ones have got a difference of 10 USD only but breakfast is not included in standard rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi. We thank you and appreciate your compliments about our team members and facility.

I am personally sorry to read that you missed your flight, and I can only imagine this disappointing experience. However, I am very happy that our team took the pride to ensure your comfort and satisfaction until the issue was resolved.

We are glad that you were satisfied with your overall experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again in the near future.

With kind regards,

________________________________________
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic executive lounge. Better than many that I have seen in the west. Super friendly staff. I did have issues when I missed my flight and couldn't make my reservation. It took lots of pain to get it resolved. I will stay here again because they eventually took care of me.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

With kind regards,

Hilton Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Excellent service! The interior should need an update in some places. But service and value is very good. Nice pool bar with a barbecue some days. The area is in the CBD, so its kind of rough, so its not really for a family to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi; It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and appreciate your compliments about our services.

We further note your comment with regards of update in some areas and I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of our overall hotel facilities and appearance.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again soon.

Bangalore
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Good rooms with great hospitality. Front desk is very friendly and helpful. The pool side rooms are the best with easy access to the pool and restaurant. The heated pool also adds value to the experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi and I am very glad that you enjoyed our great hospitality and facilities.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Baghdad, Iraq
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The central location was a benefit, especially the proximity to the community market. The shops adjacent to the hotel provided better deals with much less price pressure, and the staff were very helpful in every way. I don't know if staff everywhere in Kenya are as helpful, but the staff and shopping were the best aspect of my stay

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi, and thank you very much for your nice feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and we appreciate your compliments about our team members helpfulness.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and look forward to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

aberystwyth
Reviewed March 5, 2014

No frills ; and food was a bit expensive but overall the service was excellent. The swimming pool and sauna and steam room a real bonus for residents. Felt safe and valued at a difficult time for Nairobi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback. It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi. We are delighted to hear, that you enjoyed your stay and the services . We are also glad you felt safe and valued.

We always strive to satisfy all our guests with professional service, and believe me, your comment makes all efforts, at the Hilton the Nairobi, truly worthwhile.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards