“lovely hotel”
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #30 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed January 3, 2014

good hotel in the best location. staff are friendly especially the security gaurd he warned us of the areas to avoid when we were exiting the hotel for a stroll.

The break fast is good . Lovely swimming pool and pool side amenities.

Only downside is that it is expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Nairobi. It was indeed a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We are glad to note that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff as well as the recreational facilities and location of the hotel. We are grateful for your nice feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The only problem i see with this hotel is that they charge internet, which I think spoils their brand. Otherwise good hotel in good location of nairobi city centre. Professional staff, good breakfast and excellent eat outs if you fee you do not want to eat hotel food. One can book the hotel van to the airport or use the taxis that are 24hrs in-front of the building

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi and thank you for sharing your great feedback with us.

We are grateful to hear that you were very satisfied with your overall experience. Our team takes great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays, and I have had had the pleasure to share your kind words with them.
In regards to the Internet charges, we recently adapted some changes for a more customer friendly solution and our team is happy to share all details with you upon your return.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

staff there are very very helpful and really nice. rooms were good. the place is safe, but its not that safe to distance from the hotel after 10 pm. bargain with the taxi drivers before going anywhere! over all good experience but still expensive!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ahmed E

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for making Hilton Nairobi an accommodation of your choice when visiting Nairobi. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and the services provided by our team members and sincerely appreciate your compliments.
We regret to read about the inconvenient experience when using a taxi in town.

Our esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This property is a peaceful oasis. Before taxis are allowed to approach the property they are searched for bombs. After spending 8000 miles on the road in Africa's bush, I had forgotten what a good property looks and feels like. The staff was very professional and friendly. the included breakfast buffet was very adequate. Upon check in I was told my credit card was rejected, but, I was cheerfully told that I could pay with cash for my incidentals upon check out (I used points for my stay of two nights). I called the USA and became aware the autopay had gone awry.
I checked in early and was able to stay for a late checkout before taking off to the airport. The room was comfortable with good bedding and very clean. The elevator is no longer an issue (see older review2s by others).

1  Thank totineke
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the services.

I am also glad that our front desk team promptly advised you and offered an alternative when your card did not authorize.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

On behalf of the Hilton Nairobi team, may I take this opportunity to wish you and your family happy season’s greetings and a prosperous 2014.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

There were several problems with this hotel, beginning with the fact that when I checked in for a 5 night stay that had been paid in full weeks before, I was told that my credit card had not gone through and that I was only booked for one night. I then paid for what I was told was the full amount, but found my keycard deactivated a day early due to a second booking mistake, where they had me checking out a day early. I was also informed upon check-in that breakfast would cost $32/day - I know Nairobi is expensive, but that's just exorbitant. To make matters worse, there was construction happening in the elevators, which meant that on the days when I did not have meetings beginning at 9am, there were constant jackhammers going on in the elevator well right by my door. Finally, if you are going to spend $180/night on a room, you would expect some level of comfort in the bed or that the fixtures in the bathroom are attached properly, but here, that was apparently too high of an expectation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lauren K
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation in a number of attributes, for which I am sincerely sorry and regret the inconvenience caused to you. Our front office manager has written to you through your private mail in details about your comment. In the meantime we have already taken corrective measures to avoid such incidents from re-occurring to any of our guests in the future.

Please accept our apology for this should not be the case. Looking forward to welcoming you again in one of our Hotels.

On behalf of the Hilton Nairobi team, may I take this opportunity to wish you and your family happy Season’s Greetings and a prosperous 2014.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellente Staff, helpfull and a great quality on the service. Thanks so much for everybody care about me, I feel as I were at home, of course I hVE ALREADY INDICATE and I'll continue indicating this hotel to everybody, all the staff are friendly, and it makes a great difference. Hugs.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are grateful to hear that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and we are happy that you felt at home away from home. Our team takes great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays, and I have had the pleasure to share your kind words with them.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Worst experience ever had. Was here last year and it was bad. This time, Check in took 3 hours from 1-4pm, finally got my room - small and damp with mold in the bath. Complaining to the manager did not help at all as they did not seem to care. Said that they could not move me as that was the room I had paid for. Even after telling them I was checking out he did not care - what's more insisted on charging me 50% as I had entered the room even though I had not used it. I ended up staying at a hotel across with better service, rooms and cheaper. This hotel needs a management change

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BudowTravels
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We regret to note that you had a delayed check-in and the room allocated to you did not meet your expectation. We also note the manager on duty did not respond to your requirement as you would have expected, please accept my sincerest apologies for this disappointing experience. Rest assured this will not happen again to you or any other hotel guest in future.

I am indeed sorry to read your dissatisfaction only after your departure and sincerely hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi and re-establish your faith in our hotel.