“HAPPY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
BARINGO, Kenya
“HAPPY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I wish to just say am very happy having have slept at Hilton Hotel and wish my donors will book us/me at the same Hotel, theb veune was good, Enviroment, Secuirty and every thing was good for us who were brought there by UNWOMEN God bless Hilton and its all staff for a good job well done

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your compliments, which I have had the pleasure to share with the team. It is such wonderful comments that make all efforts, at the Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

With kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

At a time when security risk was high ,it was a blessing to stay somewhere we felt comfortable and safe. Excellent beds, rooms and security. Always the same with the Hilton.. Nothing comes included (internet so expensive) and food pretty average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We have especially noted that you enjoyed the breakfast as well as the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. We have shared your appreciation with the team. We always emphasis on offering a hassle free experience to our guests and one way we do this is by continuously training the team on customer care. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy their great hospitality. We are also pleased to note that you were satisfied with the management of the conference facilities.

As of the physical state of the facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi in the near future.

New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

And this one's is terrible. Right in the heart of city centre by the bus depot, the location of this Hilton is a dealbreaker. Traffic in Nairobi is bad enough but you can be waiting 30 minutes just to make the last 10km ride back to the hotel. This also makes some rooms noisy if you are on the wrong side. The hotel needs some updating, especially the standard Queen/King-sized bed rooms as they do not look like they are 4-star, three at the most. Rooms on the pool floor can also get noisy as there is a restaurant/bar there that is open late at night. Had to stay there for a work conference but would not choose to go there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us, as you indicated in your comment referring to the overall outlook of our facility. I am pleased to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
We further note that you did note like the location of our property due to inconvenience in traffic, we appreciate your honest feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Dear guest, I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very conveniently located hotel in Nairobi centre, with excellent breakfast and helpful and friendly staff. Depite being older building it is being refurbished as needed. Conference facilities are well managed. I would recommend this hotel without any qualms

Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and we sincerely appreciate your compliments about our team members, service and location.

Our esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Johannesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel service is good,
When i checked out of the hotel i by accident left 2 x small bags in my room ,
I phoned the hotel and they confirmed that they collected both items and gave me a detailed description. However when i send someone for the collection the one bag disappeared.
I heard for the last week they will investigate with no result

i will therefore in future move my companies business elsewhere

Room Tip: Lock up all your valuables and make sure you collect everything on checkout
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us.

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of the 2 small bags you forgot in the room upon checkout. In reference to earlier telephone communication, I fully understand your wish to have this resolved soonest. Please allow us to prepare all relevant details and we will revert through your personal email address.

Our esteemed guest, we regret to see that we have not been able to meet your expectation and I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Valencia, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

A shame to the Hilton family! one elevator in 4 working, exposed electrical wires in the steam room, forgotten pick up at the airport. Rude bar staff (asked us to move during a business meeting, even when I told them we were finishing up, they made us all move anyway!) Noisy air-conditioner in room, food trays from room service left in corridor (5 outside my room for the entire day) front desk staff that would not call the manager as they feared getting in trouble. Old hotel that should have been refurbished 10 yrs ago. A real shame to the Hilton family.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, as you indicated your comments; my sincerest apologies for this. However, as of the physical state of the facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

With regards of only one elevator working, we regret to note that you experienced a delay with our elevator service. Currently we are undertaking a lift upgrade and replacement program, and indeed we are experiencing some rare delays and malfunctioning of the working lifts during high traffic times. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly.

We further note your comments with regards of the team members attitude and maintenance issues. I have reviewed the comment with all the heads of departments and rest assured corrective measures have been put in place. Nevertheless, we appreciate your critical and honest feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

________________________________________
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I spent 10 days in Kenya in October 2013 and this hotel was by far the worst in which we stayed. That's not to say it is terrible but that everywhere else was excellent. We attempted to check in at about 3pm and had to wait 45 mins for a non-smoking room to become available (even though checkin was from 12pm). We were given a voucher for a coffee in the lobby while we waited. As previous reviews have stated, they are undertaking the installation of a new lift at present which means the wait can be longer than usual. The rooms are small and slightly tired looking although the beds are extremely comfortable. However, upon trying to leave the hotel we couldn't call a lift to our floor (the call button was not working). We tried to find the stairs but these just lead to an alarmed door. Eventually we managed to find the service lift which took us to the maintenance area and managed to find our way to the lobby. Upon inquiring at reception as to how to get down, we were told that we should call reception and order a lift. Hopefully that will help any other travel stranded on their floor.

Staff are excellent, friendly and very welcoming although this is pretty standard in Kenya where everyone is this way. Food in the restaurant is good but a little on the pricey side and the wifi is hugely overpriced for what it is. Location in Nairobi is great. Don't be put off by reviews, the hotel is okay although considerable work is going to have to be undertaken to modernise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and we appreciate your compliments to our team members outstanding hospitality.

Regarding the physical state of our facility, I am pleased to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the delays in our lift operation, but we are confident that with our newly upgraded elevator in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly.

Our esteemed guest, Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.