I have had many meals, private meetings, lunches and dinners at the Travellers Restaurant at Nairobi Hilton! I am organizing Events and conferences, accomodation and incentives in the Hilton world everywhere but the African continent. I have never slept at the hilton in Nairobi... not because I did not like it but I assume I tend to think.. such an old Hotel... what will it offer.. in the middle of the City.... mmmmhhh I thought... perhaps I should sleep there when I am in my 70s!! LOL!!!! But this time I decided... one night after a whole days flight will not be bad.. after all, I will just fall asleep! I was in for surprice... the Concierge welcome, the reception, the Restaurant... and to upgrade me to executive Level at their own initiative was a grat surprise and welcome "home" honors! The dinner was superp! I invited a very Young Group in their early 20s and late 20s and they felt great and Conformable. There were People of all walks of life. The American cafe offered the best Espresso under the african sun from a cafe and I loved the Jockey Pub! I even got to drink my Student drink of anni passati! Southern comfort and Cola! wheew! It just gave that atmosphere of being safe and the way it should be! When I wen tot sleep and looked through my window! I could not belive what I saw from the 13th floor of this Hotel! A Nairobi I have read int he books.... the panoramic view from the top! The Sound proof glass Windows! The rooms have been upgraded as much as they can go of course but we must give credit where we can! They have comfortable beds and rooms. The morning gave me the busy Nairobi life around the archives, Ambassador Hotel and the Business disctrict of Nairobi far to the taking of and landing army planes of embakasi! Yes! This was an experience and a half! 36 hours because I spend the next day doing my Meeting in the Hotel and had lunch there! I had all I needed! I felt very safe! When I left that evening for the other regigions, I vowed to spend another night here! I did, and infact not one but two more during the Westgate attack! This was the only place I felt secure, happy and well taken care off. Business went undisturbed!
Definitely a real surprise for me who has been true to Intercontinental for so Long! At Hilton, you belong to a great Family! My Business and Family travel was made a real pleasure..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Kenya from the Hilton Nairobi hotel, situated in the city's central business district, one block away from the Kenyatta International Convention Centre and only 25 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel enjoys proximity to several major banking institutions, universities and government offices, including the Parliament and the High Court of Kenya ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International