“Old but still Gold!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Zurich, Switzerland
“Old but still Gold!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have had many meals, private meetings, lunches and dinners at the Travellers Restaurant at Nairobi Hilton! I am organizing Events and conferences, accomodation and incentives in the Hilton world everywhere but the African continent. I have never slept at the hilton in Nairobi... not because I did not like it but I assume I tend to think.. such an old Hotel... what will it offer.. in the middle of the City.... mmmmhhh I thought... perhaps I should sleep there when I am in my 70s!! LOL!!!! But this time I decided... one night after a whole days flight will not be bad.. after all, I will just fall asleep! I was in for surprice... the Concierge welcome, the reception, the Restaurant... and to upgrade me to executive Level at their own initiative was a grat surprise and welcome "home" honors! The dinner was superp! I invited a very Young Group in their early 20s and late 20s and they felt great and Conformable. There were People of all walks of life. The American cafe offered the best Espresso under the african sun from a cafe and I loved the Jockey Pub! I even got to drink my Student drink of anni passati! Southern comfort and Cola! wheew! It just gave that atmosphere of being safe and the way it should be! When I wen tot sleep and looked through my window! I could not belive what I saw from the 13th floor of this Hotel! A Nairobi I have read int he books.... the panoramic view from the top! The Sound proof glass Windows! The rooms have been upgraded as much as they can go of course but we must give credit where we can! They have comfortable beds and rooms. The morning gave me the busy Nairobi life around the archives, Ambassador Hotel and the Business disctrict of Nairobi far to the taking of and landing army planes of embakasi! Yes! This was an experience and a half! 36 hours because I spend the next day doing my Meeting in the Hotel and had lunch there! I had all I needed! I felt very safe! When I left that evening for the other regigions, I vowed to spend another night here! I did, and infact not one but two more during the Westgate attack! This was the only place I felt secure, happy and well taken care off. Business went undisturbed!

Definitely a real surprise for me who has been true to Intercontinental for so Long! At Hilton, you belong to a great Family! My Business and Family travel was made a real pleasure..

Room Tip: If you are staying on two different occasions choose diffent views of the City!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sofie13
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your value feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and I am personally grateful of your comments and compliments that we ensured to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed every moment and the service offered to you was superb. It has been my pleasure to share your comment with the team and management; as it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Together with my friend we made Hilton our home while visiting Kenya and this was a good decision. We spend there several nights. While it is true that the fit out of the Hotel may be a bit outdated but everything else is really good, especially when you compare the price for value you get. First of all, the staff at the reception is just amazing. They are able to help you with absolutely everything and they do it with smile!!! Also the bell boys are very helpful - you only need to ask once and then everything is handled. As for the food - the buffet could probably be improved, but when you order something a la carte - you will be impressed - much better then "infamous" Carnivore. I would highly recommend it for travelers who want to feel comfortable and above all safe in Nairobii and at the same time realize that this is Nairobii and not London... Congratulations to great staff of Nairobii Hilton... Will come back definitely.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk people nicely and they will return the favor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Hilton Nairobi as accommodation of choice while in Nairobi and appreciate you taking the time to share your value feedback with us; it is truly a pleasure to serve you.

Thank you for your comment that you made about Hilton being your home while visiting Kenya. I am personally grateful that our team made you feel welcome and special during the entire stay and we are glad that you were satisfied with your overall experience. It is my pleasure to share your good comment with our teams and management.

As of the physical state of our hotel, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our safari group stayed here at the Hilton and everyone of us had a very pleasant room .the staff were outstanding and we felt very secure on this property .As guests enter ,everyone is scanned by security not to mention the vehicles coming in to the front to drop passengers too are scanned as well ,so no doubt we felt very safe here.
location is very central in the heart of the city but the only downside to the Hilton was the traffic in front by the busses which seriously congest the road access to the front road to the lobby .we spoke to the Hilton staff and there is a movement to move the bus stop location to another point
The pool And the surrounding terrace gardens made for a great day before the safari to just chill out and relax but for our group,the breakfast was the highlight of all the places we stayed at
There are places in the world that we visited and we would go back to these places just for the food in certain restaurants
Well the Nairobi Hilton is one place in the world we will fly to just for their breakfast not to mention the wonderful staff .
Maureen and Jane who are on the management team and also the rest of the staff make the Hilton a warm friendly and homely place .we got to know them over the years and we always look forward to our annual stay at the Hilton with such a nice group of people

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible. The view is wonderful
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are glad to note that you and your group were very satisfied with your overall experience. We sincerely appreciate the excellent comment and compliments you make about the outstanding hospitality of our team members, service and facilities. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and as well you like the location of our hotel. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Our esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Well known value for money familiarity synonym with this hotel name despite their location in the middle of town where the only view is over the city of Nairobi. Service excellence prevails. The comfort of the guest comes first! Establishment well maintained in difficult environment. Pleasant BBQ's at the secluded pool area and jovial atmosphere in well frequented Jokey Sports Bar beckons you out of your room.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely thank you for the fine compliments you make about service and facility. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Gurgaon, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

If you wanna see how bad a 5 star a property can be then please visit this hotel....rooms are pathetic.....infact we had to fight for a change when we checked at 3 AM in morning, the lifts are under maintenance leading one to wait endlessly at lobby and most disgusting part is that there is massive construction going within hotel, which starts every day 10AM and then only god can save the guest from the noise which permeates the room or probably the hotel expects that every guest is out if the hotel by 10 AM and have not right to stay back, the business centre staff is extremely incourteous..the only good point is that staff at front desk is extremely courteous and are the only relieving factor in otherwise painful stay. Breakfast menu is also very limited and smacks of 3 star property, and in no way justifies the Hilton brand name.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, as you indicated in your comments, my sincerest apologies for this. I refer to various areas and issues you have highlighted and confirm that I have shared your comment with our heads of departments concerned to review and put corrective measures in place.

Despite, the above we thank you for your fine compliment about our front desk team members hospitality and appreciate your honest feedback. This will go a long way to improve our service and features.

Our esteemed guest, I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Freetown, Sierra Leone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My stay at the Hilton Hotel during my trip to Nairobi, Kenya was a memorable moment in my life. One vital experience was the positive interaction I had with staff at the hotel, especially the receptionists and workers at the Travelers Lounge. They are all great people, the reason being that for hospitality business to thrive successfully; it needs the people to make that happen...HILTON HOTEL can boast of those people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fine compliments you make about our team members hospitality. I am personally grateful that they created a lifetime memorable moment during your recent stay with us and I had the pleasure to share your comment with the team and management.

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback as it was truly a pleasure to serve you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Hotel attendants were generally friendly and nice but the facilities in the room(bathroom, room carpet etc, safe) looked old and need replacement.

The hotel really has some outrageous rules. A buddy from old times came over to visit around 9pm and $75 was demanded from him before he would be allowed entry. I thought that was really an unfair charge esp as the guy was not gonna sleep over.

There was an outrageous rule that

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank AEOPARE
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment regarding your visiting guest and wish to explain that for security reasons the government policy stipulates that any extra guest accessing a guest room must be registered at the Front office. I hope this will find your understanding as security for all within the hotel is paramount. You sincerely have my apologies if this was not clearly explained to you.
As of the physical state of our facility, I am pleased to inform you that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your comment that our teams were friendly.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.