We spent two nights here while enroot to Seychelles. This is simply an ordinary hotel. Although, the hotel is a little overpriced, it is fine but nothing to write home about. Overall, the rooms are clean but dated, the water is hot, the water pressure is adequate, the toilets flush, and there were no bugs. The workout room is better than average.
There really is nothing to do here. Despite a small market within walking distance to the hotel, this is the place for a business traveler or someone just passing through. The executive lounge is small and internet is not free, nor is it cheap. For one hour, in the lounge, it runs approximately $16 USD. Of course, that will fluctuate with the value of the dollar. Or, it is $32 USD/24 hours in your room.
Traffic from the airport is horrendous regardless of the time of day. Also, the roads are prehistoric. So, after a late evening arrival from AMS, it took over an hour to get to the hotel. The road infrastructure is just not built for more than a few cars. As for transfers from the airport, we paid for a Airport Authorized Taxi located within baggage claim. We paid $25 USD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Kenya from the Hilton Nairobi hotel, situated in the city's central business district, one block away from the Kenyatta International Convention Centre and only 25 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel enjoys proximity to several major banking institutions, universities and government offices, including the Parliament and the High Court of Kenya ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International