This is an old Hilton hotel located in the business district of Nairobi offering the usual business amenities. Overall it is quite safe with lots of security (metal detector entrance, security guards at the elevators) which is important for downtown Nairobi. The room is generally clean but shows its age and needs renovation soon, especially the old musty carpet.
Bathroom is spacious but dated as well. An in room safe was available but we found a cockroach inside. A piece of cheese was also found inside the lampshade.
Despite the dated room, the staff was professional, helpful and knows what they are doing. Airport pickup was on time which was rare in most African cities. Business lounge provides selections of soft drinks, coffee/tea and evening snacks and offers very slow wifi access. The breakfast offered was quite extensive, and offered a wide selections of food.
The hotel charges a fee for in room Wi-Fi (very slow) which comes as a surprise for a business hotel and for HH honor guests.
Overall 3 stars for the room and amenities and 4 stars for the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Kenya from the Hilton Nairobi hotel, situated in the city's central business district, one block away from the Kenyatta International Convention Centre and only 25 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel enjoys proximity to several major banking institutions, universities and government offices, including the Parliament and the High Court of Kenya ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International