“Keep an eye”
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #31 of 167 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I do not believe that it is fair to charge 5 nights, if you stay at the hotel only 3 nights. They charge you one full day extra for an early arrival (2am), and one full day extra for a late departure (9pm).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Maskeliunas,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment that it was not fair to charge 5 nights while you stayed in our property for only three days.
I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay. I have therefore referred to our records and indeed confirm that you arrived early and checked in at 2am which is 12 hours before the official check-in time (14.00hrs on the day of arrival). Your check out time indicates 9 pm equivalent to 9 hours beyond official midday check out time (12.00hrs noon on day of departure). Therefore both days automatically qualify for 2 full day charges.
I believe it will find your understanding that apart from these hours, the room will require more time for makeup and service in order to accommodate every guest at the guaranteed arrival and departure timings. However, we happily grant such opportunities when a guest communicates in advance which is always subject to availability of room number and room type.
You have my profound apologies if this was not properly communicated to you by our team members.

Mr. Maskeliunas, although we have not been able to meet your expectation, I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Nairobi

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hotel location is excellent. It is located in the heart of Nairobi Central Business District. So if your desire is to get to know Nairobi, it is an excellent choice. However, if you are in transit with a flight to catch early the next day, then you are better off with an hotel closer to the airport.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you go to Nairrobi and stay anywhere else you are making a huge mistake. Location, staff, facilities all point to one place...the Nairobi Hilton. The staff made you feel welcome from the minute you walk in the door. Security is great but not intimidating. The execuitve loungs staff is the most professional anywhere this from someone who stays over 200 nights per year on the road. Cant wait to stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and appreciate your excellent comment that Hilton is a place to visit while at Nairobi. We appreciate your compliments to our team members outstanding hospitality and understand you especially enjoyed the welcoming of our security personnel and executive lounge staff. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.
Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere at the Hilton, good staff and comfort. Excellent meals and good coffee at Cafe Americana. Security personnel were helpful and approachable. The room was big and comfy. I recommend it for every traveller to Nairobi.

Room Tip: Rooms at Pool level are especially good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

We thank you for your gratitude to our team members outstanding hospitality which provided a wonderful atmosphere and comfort during your recent stay with us and also appreciate your good comment about our facilities and good meals. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I spent a night at the Hilton to celebrate her birthday. It was a last minute decision as we were meant to stay in another hotel but it was fully booked. Everyone at the Hilton hotel from the Security outside and the receptionists were approachable and very polite. The room was big enough, enjoyed coffee making facilities, adequate entertainment from the TV, the pool was in good condition plenty of sunbeds and towels and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank R.C C

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We thank you for the fine compliments you make about the hospitality of our team members on arrival at the property. Although you had not planned to stay with us, I am glad to read that you appreciate our services, facilities and breakfast and I am very happy to see that we delivered the moment as you quietly celebrated your spouses’ birthday. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Its an incredible place,its location gives one an opportunity for breaks and enjoy some refreshments.they have very welcoming and friendly staff and their services are fast,the food is wow!!and the suites are modern well furnished and comfortable.I would definately recommend both friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with our overall service and greatly appreciate the fine compliments you make about our team members hospitality, the well furnished room suites and our good food, as well we note that you liked the location. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 9, 2013

i visited Hilton hotel last week to plan a surprise for my girl freind the staff was really helpful in setting up the room with flowers and the wine it was a bit late to get the flowers but the staff efforts were a succes it a nice place the view was excellent i would definatly recommend it

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your gratitude to our team members helpfulness and assistance in making your girlfriends’ surprise plan to succeed, I am personally grateful that their outstanding hospitality created a memorable moment for you and your spouse. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, as well you liked the view. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hiltonon Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.