WINNER WONDERLAND

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #29 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not too many choice for good hotel in Nairobi, so I booked the Hilton hotel which located at the city centre. I stayed at the Executive Room, the hotel looks old, very standard bed room and bath room, outdated furnitures and all seems need to be refurbished. A bit strange for the Hilton chain.
Not too many option for breakfast. No free internet facility, and you have to pay 1700 Kenyan Shilling or equal with 21 US dollar for 24 hours internet service, just to have a very bad and intermittent connection. The hotel staffs were friendly and helpful, although they are very slow. Overall for me, the hotel has very standard facilities, average in service and overpriced.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Manuela B, Directors of Operatios at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment about our physical status of our facility and furnishings, I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us; but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. With regards of the prices, although they may be high, these are at par with all other five star hotels within the city, only at independent, small local restaurants are the prices indeed a lot less, but at comparable, safe international properties one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

As of internet cost I would like to advise that, apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. For intermittent connection, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to explain that from time to time we do experience internet downtime from our provider, which we have no direct control over.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. Therefore we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The team at the breakfast and pool restaurant were very wonderful they knew what I needed even before I placed my request. Julius the pool attendant whom the kids remeber his name for his wonderful services and training should be given a pat on his back. Though the building is in dire need of a refurb but the people are very radiant and will always make me come back even if the building is falling.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

ALL 3 elevators were out on one of the evenings I stayed. Only 1 of the 3 elevators ever worked. Two of the hard boiled eggs had black yolks. The people really care and do what they can to make you happy. You simply cannot compensate for a building that is in such poor repair. The fruit for dinner was obviously the fruit that wasn’t eaten for breakfast. It was soft and mushy. For all appearances it seems that this hotel is out of money and cannot service it’s guests.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Stuart R
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with regards of the physical status of facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We have noted your comment that 2 of our guests lifts have been out of order and one evening all the three were out order, I indeed concur with you and sincerely apologize for this rare happening and the inconvenience caused. Believe me it has been a one off scenario and our General manager came to assist that particular night hands-on.
I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of installing new elevators for which construction is currently underway.

You have also mentioned that the fruits served for dinner were not fresh, I am indeed sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us, but I have shared this information with our Executive Chef to put corrective measures in place.

We sincerely appreciate your good comment about our team members hospitality and as well appreciate your feedback for this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

________________________________________

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel looks beautiful on the outside and it has a convenient location if you have meetings within the city. The hotel staff however are another story. Right from the receptionist we found. She was very unhelpful. My room had a dirty bathroom with the shower head spitting water at me. My colleague and i had asked for rooms on a higher floor, we were told they were not available. Another colleague from Europe asked for that very floor and the receptionist smiled real pretty and got him one as we looked on. Considering the price they ask, over $200 a night, you would expect free internet-sadly they ask you to pay separately for that. I was not able to leave early enough as my room was prepaid but i would have left after my first night. I will not be going back there...maybe to use the gym-which i really liked. For the name they carry, they should be doing better.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better and ask for a room that does not directly face the elevator-less noise that...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Josephine K
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a South African and perhaps we are spoiled when it comes to hotels. For about $130 I can get a beautiful 3 star hotel that is modern, clean and has friendly staff. I have stayed in many Hilton Hotels around the world and know what standard to expect. The Hilton is centrally located and cost me just over $200 per night without breakfast. I was happy to pay that, knowing that this will be a 4 star service. I couldnt believe how old the hotel was. It hasnt been renovated since the late 80s, by the looks of things.I had a run-in with the hotel manager when no turn-down service was performed because my laptop was on the bed.What rubbish! Because my room was prepaid i couldnt exactly leave and go elsewhere. But for the same price I would have stayed at Sankara. It was modern, hip, clean and great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manuela B, Director of Operation at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi although I regretfully see that we did not manage to meet your expectation during this stay.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of the status of our property. I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation, but I am also pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. However, we highly appreciate your critical but constructive feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

As of the turndown service, I sincerely apologize that this was not done in your room. I have shared this with our executive Housekeeper to address it with her team.

Although we did not meet your expectation, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Arlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed one night before going off on safari. The hotel is in a need of a facelift (including in the bathroom). The dining areas are a bit average compared to the Hiltons in Europe but the food itself is very good and the breakfast service also good. The extra facilities such as gym and outdoor swimming pool are also good. The shape of the hotel (a rotunda) means the hotel rooms are a funny shape and you loose some space. Staff in the pubn area were friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of our physical status of our facility, I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us; but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We thank you and appreciate the fine compliment you make about the hospitality of our team members. We also are glad to note that you enjoyed our food, breakfast service and facilities like gym and outdoor swimming. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

HILTON NAIROBI
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The experience that my wife and I had at the Hilton Nairobi was the absolute best that we have ever had at any Hilton property worldwide. The staff was exceptionally helpful from the front desk to the executive lounge to the dinning service staff in the restaurant. The upkeep of the hotel and the room was magnificent. Any expressed need was immediately attended to by very able and friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler without reservation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We thank you and appreciate your positive comment that you and your wife had indeed a wonderful time at the Hilton Nairobi, I am glad to note that you enjoyed our team members hospitality in all areas, upkeep of our rooms and quick response whenever need arises. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at the Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Yours sincerely,