Hilton Nairobi
$269
$223
Priceline
1,359 results
All reviewshilton honorsthe executive loungepool levelcentral locationbit datedbusiness centerbusiness tripenjoyed my staysecuritydoormanmeetingtrafficsafaricbdconference
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is quite beautiful though old. The rooms are neat, but small. I got a comfortable nights sleep. The food is great. Breakfast and dinner for a king. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help.

Hotel needs a few upgrades though like changing of the mattresses. They've already had there share of service.
The hotel is very near most Government Buildings and also near the downtown of Nairobi for those with an adventurous heart.

Room Tip: As for a room on the upper floors. They seem less noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hjkenya
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the fine compliments you make about our team members outstanding hospitality, good food and a beautiful facilities although old, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. Believe me it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We are happy to note that you liked the location and the safety of our facility.

Dear Guest, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff is polite, however at times fairly unprofessional. Check in and check out can last up to 20 minutes even if alone at the reception. Room rates and services are unreasonable expensive and Hilton is taking advantage of the tight hotel situation in Nairobi. The bathroom looks filthy even after cleaning. The room furniture, telephone sytem are antiquated and partially not working. By the way, as a Hilton Honours members I was alraedy upgraded - I don't want to see the standard rooms ...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

It is Hilton, so it will not go any bad. But just not really impressive, especially when considering the room rate. We chose it because some other hotels are charging even more unreasonable rates.

No free internet access in the hotel. They are charging some USD20 per day. I think if they raise the roomrate by 20 dollars and provide free wifi, guests will feel better.

Finally, the location is very good. Right in the centre of the city. And you feel a bit safer here in the center. After all Nairobi is city too infamous for her safety..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank immrg
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment with regards of internet charges, I would like to advise that, apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free.

Nevertheless, we are glad to note that you liked the location and the safety of our facility.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have visited Nairobi on several different occasions, but this was my first stay at a Hilton as a Gold member. I found the check-in process quite efficient and I was happy to have gotten a free room upgrade from a Queen Hilton guest room to a King Hilton Executive room with access to the club lounge. I found the room to be up to standard and the Internet access was complimentary for Gold and Diamond Hilton members (charge was equally credited). I find the CBD of Nairobi to be fairly safe and have never had a problem walking around the area at night to visit any of the nearby restaurants, hotels, or stores. I always use Safaricom mobile broadband when in Kenya which costs about 1000 KSH (~12USD for 1.5Gb service, so I only used the complimentary hotel wifi to use my iPad. I plan to add the Hiton Nairobi in rotation of hotels I will stay when visiting Nairobi.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Cornell S
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and that you enjoyed our hhonours complimentary services. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile. It is our pride to ensure that our esteemed and loyal guests like you get to experience the feeling of Hilton being a home away from home.

With kind regards,
Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel has a shuttle service for a fee to/from the airport and is best to book in advance. Traffic is a nightmare from the airport to the city so allow plenty of time! Security is very tight and all cars are screened by security and then as are guests before entering the building. The staff were all very friendly. The hotel is old but well maintained. There are several restaurants and bars located. I stayed in the Executive level and actually had a two room suite though it was not called a suite. 2 full washrooms in the room too. The executive club is excellent and unlimited food and drinks in cluding alcohol throughout the day.. You have to sign for it but it is complimentary. I took a half day safari that I booked through the hotel...about $175 per person for 4 hours at the Nairobi City Park. I had a guide named Dennis who was very knowledgeable about the park and the animals. The food both in the restaurants and room service was fantastic. The Italian dishes were what you would find in Italy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank globalflyereal

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We thank you and appreciate the fine compliments you make about our facilities, services, security and outstanding team members hospitality. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and enjoyed your trip to the Nairobi city park guided by Dennis, I have gladly share this with him. We are also happy to note that you enjoyed your food both in the restaurant and room service, especially Italian dishes which tasted original. Believe me, it is comment such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

With kind regards.