WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #28 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Beautiful Hotel in Busy Side of Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is quite beautiful though old. The rooms are neat, but small. I got a comfortable nights sleep. The food is great. Breakfast and dinner for a king. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help.

Hotel needs a few upgrades though like changing of the mattresses. They've already had there share of service.
The hotel is very near most Government Buildings and also near the downtown of Nairobi for those with an adventurous heart.

Room Tip: As for a room on the upper floors. They seem less noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hjkenya
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the fine compliments you make about our team members outstanding hospitality, good food and a beautiful facilities although old, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. Believe me it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We are happy to note that you liked the location and the safety of our facility.

Dear Guest, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff is polite, however at times fairly unprofessional. Check in and check out can last up to 20 minutes even if alone at the reception. Room rates and services are unreasonable expensive and Hilton is taking advantage of the tight hotel situation in Nairobi. The bathroom looks filthy even after cleaning. The room furniture, telephone sytem are antiquated and partially not working. By the way, as a Hilton Honours members I was alraedy upgraded - I don't want to see the standard rooms ...

Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

It is Hilton, so it will not go any bad. But just not really impressive, especially when considering the room rate. We chose it because some other hotels are charging even more unreasonable rates.

No free internet access in the hotel. They are charging some USD20 per day. I think if they raise the roomrate by 20 dollars and provide free wifi, guests will feel better.

Finally, the location is very good. Right in the centre of the city. And you feel a bit safer here in the center. After all Nairobi is city too infamous for her safety..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank immrg
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment with regards of internet charges, I would like to advise that, apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free.

Nevertheless, we are glad to note that you liked the location and the safety of our facility.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Nairobi on several different occasions, but this was my first stay at a Hilton as a Gold member. I found the check-in process quite efficient and I was happy to have gotten a free room upgrade from a Queen Hilton guest room to a King Hilton Executive room with access to the club lounge. I found the room to be up to standard and the Internet access was complimentary for Gold and Diamond Hilton members (charge was equally credited). I find the CBD of Nairobi to be fairly safe and have never had a problem walking around the area at night to visit any of the nearby restaurants, hotels, or stores. I always use Safaricom mobile broadband when in Kenya which costs about 1000 KSH (~12USD for 1.5Gb service, so I only used the complimentary hotel wifi to use my iPad. I plan to add the Hiton Nairobi in rotation of hotels I will stay when visiting Nairobi.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Cornell S
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and that you enjoyed our hhonours complimentary services. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile. It is our pride to ensure that our esteemed and loyal guests like you get to experience the feeling of Hilton being a home away from home.

With kind regards,
Yours sincerely

globalflyereal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel has a shuttle service for a fee to/from the airport and is best to book in advance. Traffic is a nightmare from the airport to the city so allow plenty of time! Security is very tight and all cars are screened by security and then as are guests before entering the building. The staff were all very friendly. The hotel is old but well maintained. There are several restaurants and bars located. I stayed in the Executive level and actually had a two room suite though it was not called a suite. 2 full washrooms in the room too. The executive club is excellent and unlimited food and drinks in cluding alcohol throughout the day.. You have to sign for it but it is complimentary. I took a half day safari that I booked through the hotel...about $175 per person for 4 hours at the Nairobi City Park. I had a guide named Dennis who was very knowledgeable about the park and the animals. The food both in the restaurants and room service was fantastic. The Italian dishes were what you would find in Italy!

1 Thank globalflyereal
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We thank you and appreciate the fine compliments you make about our facilities, services, security and outstanding team members hospitality. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and enjoyed your trip to the Nairobi city park guided by Dennis, I have gladly share this with him. We are also happy to note that you enjoyed your food both in the restaurant and room service, especially Italian dishes which tasted original. Believe me, it is comment such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

With kind regards.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Nairobi Hilton is right in the centre of town. There are the normal blocks which ensure you do not escape! There is one main restaurant (buffet style) which is good for breakfast but average for dinner. The bar lacks atmosphere and is frequented by ladies seeking work. The rooms are a little dated and could do with an upgrade. There is not outside space but the staff are helpful and can arrange things for you. I have had problems with taxi bookings here - taxis booked not being booked causing difficulties.

The City is not a place to walk around and certainly not alone. You do need to take care and this hotel is very central. however it is a reasonable standard and for a couple of nights I am sure you will find it OK, but little more.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are much larger and better decorated that the "de luxe" rooms which ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank London_Flyer
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We have noted your comment with regards to the presence of ladies at our Jockey bar, we concur with you that they exist and we do try to limit the same as much as possible, but being in hospitality industry where we are meant to serve all our guests with dignity and uphold their privacy across the board, we cannot be very quick to judge. However, when they behave in such a manner that causes disturbance to other guests, action is taken promptly, and at times we have them escorted off the premises by our security team.
As of the condition of our facility, I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. Flat screen televisions have already been installed.
Nevertheless, we appreciate the fine compliments you make about helpfulness of our team members and we are glad to know that you enjoyed breakfast. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.
With regards to safety while walking around the city, like other cities in the world 100% security is not guaranteed, however we advice our guests to walk with caution and guide them on areas to walk or use a taxi where necessary.
Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE

Director of Operations
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

OK hotel with small-ish rooms, but over $20 per day for internet use - per device, that is!!

Paid $90 per night for an upgrade but all we got was access to breakfast and snacks at the club lounge - no room change and still no internet included.

Would not stay here again. The Fairview Resort is much nicer, fairly close and has free internet too!

Room Tip: don't buy the upgrade!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of the size of the room, I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us; but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

With regard of internet cost, I would like to advise, that apart from it not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. We do however have a so called Business Plus Package, where apart from an upgrade to a next level room type, unlimited internet access is included in the room rate with a small surcharge.

We have also noted your comment that you paid for upgrade but you got only access to breakfast and snacks at the executive lounge and no room change. I am sincerely very sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay; I kindly request you to contact us directly with your full details to enable us investigate and give you a comprehensive feedback on the matter.

We appreciate your honest feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.
I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again or any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels