Hilton Nairobi
$101
$78
Priceline
1,359 results
All reviewshilton honorsthe executive loungepool levelcentral locationbit datedbusiness centerbusiness tripenjoyed my staysecuritydoormanmeetingtrafficsafaricbdconference
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Nairobi Hilton is showing its age a bit, but the staff and caring service make up some for the serious need of a make-over.

My wife and I have now stayed there twice during the previous 10 months and while we would certainly return again, I would be much happier if the rooms and hallway areas could be upgraded some to suggest that the owners realized that it was still not 1995. I cannot remember the last Flagship-brand hotel I've stayed in that still had old tube TV sets in the rooms. Not one broadcasted channel properly fit the small 18-20" screens.

As I look past the aged facility issues, I can say with sincerity that the staff was top notched, the breakfast buffet was stellar and the executive lounge was a quiet oasis each evening.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank ccmarks
Manuela B, Operations Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. It is indeed a great pleasure to serving you and we appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We thank you and appreciate the fine compliments you make about the outstanding hospitality and service of our team members, for which I have already shared with the team. I am personally glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

As of our facilitys’ condition, I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us; but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. Flat screen televisions installations is underway and will be completed by end of February 2013.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent to nights at the Hilton. The rooms are fine, but we were disappointed to find that the pool was closed for renovation. Bad and expensive internet.
The good things were a great location in central Nairobi, very godd breakfast and a relaxing resident's lounge on the second floor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment that during your recent stay you were disappointed that the pool was closed for maintenance. I am sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. However, I wish to explain that for the comfort of better service to our guests, this is an exercise we undertake every end of the year to ensure minimum interruption to our service. We do alert this on our website and we do provide an alternative swimming pool option with one of our colleague hotels; the hotels do assist each other in these sort of cases as we all go through the same routine. Again you have my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

With regards of internet charges internet charges, I would like to advise, that apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. However, to our esteemed Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members, internet is fully complimentary.
We thank you and sincerely appreciate your positive comments about the comfort of our facilitys’ and good breakfast. I also note that you liked the location. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'll agree with other reviews that the staff are amazing and incredibly helpful but you need deep pockets for this old 1970's hotel. 24hour internet is $25. To have a shirt washed and pressed is $9, I dont think my shirt was worth that much! The rooms are dated with a small old style tube tv.
It's a bit desperate but the staff make up for it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was my best hotel experience so far in Nairobi. Having travelled there for the last three years and staying the Stanley Sarova and Safari Club previously.
Not quite the standard of facilities you would see at a Hilton Hotel in Europe or US but very comfortable: Good bed, silent and non-smelly aircon, insulated windows so not disturbed by the Nairobi heavy traffic. ( I stayed on the 11th floor which supposedly added to less noice). Exceptionally service minded staff: Went out of their way to help me with e.g. organizing a local phone number, sim-card and other practical things. Very good food and service at the Travellers restaurant. Good location in the city centre. Will probably choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: High up in the building to get as far as possible from the noisy traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.
We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your positive comments about our facilities’ standards, good food and outstanding team members hospitality. I also note that you liked the location.

We place great value on your custom and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We always stay at the Hilton when in Nairobi, it is well located in the city centre. The service is second to none, food is very good and plentiful.
The swimming pool is quite nice and very relaxing.
The rooms are adequate but are now ready for a make over.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are very glad to note that you were happy and satisfied with your overall experience and as well appreciate the good comment you make about the location, hospitality of our team members, food as well as the swimming pool during your recent visit to us. I have shared your feedback about your great service experience with the team. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

The Hilton team places great value on your custom and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

On behalf of the entire Hilton Nairobi team, may I take this opportunity to wish you and your family happy and a prosperous 2013.

With kind regards