Hilton Nairobi
Diamond Hotel(Nairobi)
Oakwood Hotel(Nairobi)
  • Restaurant
1,344 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepool levelcentral locationbit datedbusiness centerbusiness tripsecuritymeetingtrafficsafaricbddoormanconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Located at the center of Nairobi town, this Hotel stands out from afar. It's beautiful, both inside and outside, the food is amaaazing, very friendly and organized staff, and they play some relaxing soothing music, while you sip your drink away. I love Hilton

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Milly S
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience; I sincerely appreciate your gratitude to our team members hospitality, which I have already shared with our management and teams. We are also very happy to know that you enjoyed our food and as well liked the location. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

With kind regards.

MARTIN VOSKAMP I General Manager

HILTON NAIROBI

Reviewed August 21, 2012

It is a very luxurious 5 star just 25 minutes away from the Nairobi airport.
It has a good and free parking facility generally which is difficult to get in other hotels
The rooms are very airy, spacious, well lit, well ventilated.
They feature cable TV, a seating area with armchairs and a bathroom with luxury toiletries
There is also a modern gym featuring state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment and free weights.
5 dining outlets and an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by sun loungers.
It has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, secretarial services, and audio visual equipment. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas. This Nairobi property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. The property offers a roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rahul_upadhyay
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the fine compliments you make about all our facilities. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Martin Voskamp

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was a lovely hotel, although a little expensive it was just what we needed before heading out on safari. The only thing that I found frustrating was the " executive lounge". We paid to use it but couldn't find it, when we did locate it, our key wouldn't work! It was more a hassle and not worth the money.
The service otherwise was great. I gave it 5 stars on service because u left my pillow in the room after we checked out to move to another hotel and when I contacted them about finding it, the put it in a taxi and drove it to my next hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

I regret to note that you couldn’t find the location of our Executive Lounge and that your key wouldn’t work. You have my sincere apologies for the inconveniences this caused you. Be assured that I have shared this message with our Front Office Manager to ensure that our front desk team gives clear information and ensure that all keys issued are working. We have also noted your comment regarding our prices. I would wish to explain that our prices are at par with other five star hotels within the city; we do however appreciate your critical but constructive feedback

I am personally glad to note that the personal pillow that you had left in the room upon check out, was safely delivered to you in your other hotel. We thank you for your fine compliments about great service and the cleanliness of the hotel. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 18, 2012

In Nairobi, you should lower your expectation on 5 stars.
Beside that, you should be ok.
The hotel itself, is nicely located, quite safe, and within walking distance to local food.
Not much to comment or complaint since its Africa.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We appreciate your nice compliments about the safety and location of our hotel and your fine feedback has been shared will all concerned; I am happy you did feel safe and at home with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I'm not sure why I stopped staying at the Intercontinental and started staying at the Hilton. Probably the decision was made by someone else, although my recollections of receiving a "gift" from the storks that roost in the big tree just outside the Intercon reception might have had something to do with it. If you're one of the few people interested in what Storks consume during an average day, that's a great place to find out from early evening onwards.

I find the service levels at this Hilton to be consistently high and the staff always courteous and friendly, especially the Concierge who remembers me every time and welcomes me as "Mr George". It's happened so many times now that I havent got the heart to tell him that's not my name.

Yes, it's an over-priced hotel, but very well-placed in the centre of Nairobi and very convenient to wander around during the day time. As to the evenings and beyond, I'd say not such a good idea to go anywhere other than by taxi.

The rooms I've had are always well-equipped but sometimes a bit "tired", the restaurant is more than adequate and generally you get the feeling the staff enjoy providing service rather than simply having been trained to do so. The major gripe I've got is with being ripped-off for internet access, but then who do you complain to? Perhaps if I got my act together and signed-up for Hilton Honours there'd be a difference or cheaper rate, but somehow I doubt it.

Of course the location can be troublesome depending on what time of day or night you're planning to arrive and depart, since Nairobi is famous for it's peak-hour congestion. Airport pick-up won't be your problem, of course, but be sure to enquire early at reception about your departure plans so they can book you onto the appropriately timed shuttle-bus.

I always leave this Hotel feeling like I met some old friends but paid through the nose in doing so.

Room Tip: The higher floors are obviously less prone to the constant traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. It is indeed a great preasure to serving you and we appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We thank you for the fine compliments you make about our service standards and the hospitality of our team members. Especially your comment about the outstanding concierge team member who remembers and welcomes you back everytime you are visiting our property. Although he misses out on your name, which I apologize for, but please next time do provide us with your real name so we ca address you properly. Alternatively you can highlight the same to the manager on duty once you are in the hotel so as to correct the team member accordingly. Meanwhile I have shared the information with our front office manager and concierge team members to ensure they get guest names right.

With regards of the condition of our rooms, I am sincerely sorry for we have not been able to met your expectation, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the hotel in time to come. Flat screen televisions will however be installed before the end of 2012.

As for your comment with about internet charges, I would like to advise that, apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by Docomo, a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. However, to our esteemed Hilton Hhonors Gold and Diamond members, internet is fully complimentary.

If you are a frequent traveller, it is with pleasure that I introduce to you our Hilton Hhonors Loyalty program. It is complimentary and as the only hotel loyalty program worldwide, you can enjoy our so called “double dipping” benefit, whereby you can earn Hhonors points and miles for every stay/dollar spent at the same time. Upon enrolment you have instant benefit of having your spouse staying for free with you and a complimentary local newspaper. You will only need to achieve 16 stays or 36 nights upon staying in any of our Hilton properties worldwide within a calendar year to get to a Gold tier and enjoy free internet and lots of more benefits.

Nevertheless, we are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience, and do appreciate both the constructive and critical feedback. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Martin Voskamp