I stayed at the hilton for a total of 3 nights .First time in a standart room ,second time i got un upgrade to an executive room which was much better.
I have to say that the hotel is quite old and outdated ,in need of refurbishment.
The room the bed,the bath tiles is from the 70`. The staff was great ,very well trained and behaved.The hotel is heavily guarded ,metal detectors,barriers lots of security guards etc. I ate at the traveller restaurant one night,the food was very good and delicious.
The taxi transfer from the airport for me was 20 USD,which is quite alot i think .When i went to take my suitcase,which did not arrive with me but on the following day i bargained 25 USD from the hotel to the airport and back. So if you are good you could get a better price. The area around the hotel is quite good during the day i found it quite interesting,you have the shops and offices on one side and the real stuff on the other where you could experience africa in a more authentic way. we went to the Carnivore restaurant on the last day which is quite a good place ,although i was expecting even more exotic meats.
So in general the hotel is good but i would not give it 5 stars.It is a very good option for a first time visitor to nairobi though ,since it is very safe and well guarded.
And yes i will stay there again next time i go to nairobi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Kenya from the Hilton Nairobi hotel, situated in the city's central business district, one block away from the Kenyatta International Convention Centre and only 25 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel enjoys proximity to several major banking institutions, universities and government offices, including the Parliament and the High Court of Kenya ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International