“Excellent Customer Service, Great location, Rooms need some updating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #29 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Los Altos, CA
“Excellent Customer Service, Great location, Rooms need some updating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I wrote to the hotel in advance to get a cab to pick us up from the airport after our over seas flights from the US. The Hilton rep was there waiting for us after customers and arranged a cab for us at a very reasonable price. The hotel is in a great location in central Nairobi. As part of staying on the executive floors, the business center and honors lounge are included. That means free internet, breakfast and happy hour. The rooms are old but very adequate. We were greeted with some crackers and a fruit basket. We stayed there at the beginning and end of our trip. The staff is excellent, very accomodating and customer service orientated. As our flight left at 11pm they extended our checkout time many hours which was very convenient. It is safe to walk around their during the day but need to take cabs at night. The hotel recommended two excellent restaurants and made reservations for us: Trattoria- owned and operated by an Italian and TAMARIND, a superb seafood place. (Trattoria doesn't take credit cards.) We didn't eat at the hotel but used the health club facilities. The workout room could use more fans/circulation but otherwise was fine. Check with the bell captain as to cab charges in advance. The bellmen knew more than the front desk people in terms of cost of cabs and location of places. It's a good idea if you are coming to the hotel from someplace else to ask the hotel the cost of the cab ride as you may need to negotiate.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoUCLAbruins
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your reception upon arrival, our facilities and especially our team members hospitality throughout your stay, I Id liked to thank you for your fine comments. It was my pleasure to share you kind feedback with our entire team. It is wonderful to see that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Regarding our rooms need for upgrade and our health club needing a better circulation, I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay; but I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. However, we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.
Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Heidi KleineMoeller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
port stanley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed night 1 in Comfort Hotel an all out dive for a higher price than the Hilton. Hilton is better located....cappuccino bar, pool, CLEAN beds and hot water shower.
We absolutely loved it and staff was 1st rate.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to excecutive but I dont know why. Not complaining. It was so great!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to write to us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note your positive comment regarding our bar, pool, cleanliness and facilities and we highly appreciate your gratitude to our team members hospitality, which I have already shared with them. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Heidi Kleine Moeller
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I checked in to Nairobi Hilton on 27th of July for a COMESA Cotton to Clothing regional strategy meeting. On 28th after attending the meeting at IVORY meeting room on the 1st floor, I forgot my laptop in the meeting room with my mobile phone and many keys in the laptop bag and left the room around 6:00 PM.
I came back around 9:00PM after going out to shopping.
When I came back, the laptop was not there. I checked with security people around and nothing came out. Then one security gentlemen came, his name is CYRUS ONDIEKI. I am amazed by the carrying and so professional services that I witnessed from this individual.
He managed the case very carefully, taking each and every steps very carefully and professionally. After going through 3 hours of intensive investigation both in physical visits of meeting places and my room and investigating the CCTV recorded for around three (3) hours, finally we sow a friend of mine taking care of the laptop taking to his room.
I am so satisfied and amazed by the services provided by the hotel though Mr. ONDIEKI.

Kindly;
Endalkachew Sime

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Endalk
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your gratitude to our team member Mr. Cyrus Ondieki who assisted you to recover the laptop that was left behind in our meeting room and it was our upmost pleasure to forward your fine comments with him. We also do appreciate the patience exercised by yourself throughout the investigation procedure. Hilton strives to ensure that our guest are well taken care off in all aspects including their own safety and security of their items.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel was nice enough, clean but very old. Hasn't been updated in 20 years probably. Restaurants are ok, but don't expect fast service. Staff was very nice overall. I would probably look to stay somewhere else if I come to Nairobi again, but would stay here if I had to.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards to the status of our facility, I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay; but I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. However, we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.
We appreciate your compliment about our room suites and restaurant and hospitality of our team members and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

it was a good place to stay,neat and clean.But the room are not upto the modern standards as of now but you can have a comfortable stay ......amazing food...and transport is available just outside the door step of the hotel.

Room Tip: best room would be on the top floors from where u can see the city view
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your good comment that our rooms are neat, clean and a good place to stay though not modern but I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

Likewise, we have noted the compliments you have made about our food and the convenient availability of transportation. We are glad that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Director of Operations
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Sure it needs a complete overhaul but it's clean, the staff were very friendly and the food was fresh and well priced. I left an expensive pen in the bar and I got a call from to say it had been found and it was brought to my room. I don't think that would happen in many places.

Would I stay again..yes I would.

Room Tip: Sign up to Hilton HHonours
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

We have noted your comment with regards to the status of our facility and need for a complete overhaul, I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay; but I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. However, we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.
We are glad to note that you appreciated our clean rooms, fresh and well priced food and we very much appreciate your gratitude towards our team member hospitality and especially when you lost a very expensive pen while at the bar. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed here on two separate times. Consistent service, good check in staff..(Moses very competent and courtly gentleman). On the second tinme around the staff were very personable and held their cool when some Indian Diplomat guests made an axx of themselves. Good training

Breakfast was very good too. Internet a rip off at $20.00 a day. Dont make phone calls from here. Get a cheap phone from SafariCom and a sim card for kshs 50/- or US0.50 cents and 1 cent a minute for calls to the USA or UK.
Rooms a little dated but clean and tidy. Hotel overlooks the City Centre. Good show!!

Room Tip: Dated but ok
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiltonnairobi, Director Of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of our internet charges, and I would like to advise, that apart from it not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by Docomo, a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. We do however have a so called Business Plus Package, where apart from an upgrade to a next level room type, unlimited internet access is included in the room rate with a small surcharge. Likewise, for our esteemed Hilton Honours Gold and Diamond members, internet is fully complimentary.

Nevertheless, we highly appreciate the fine comments you made about our consistent service, good breakfast and hospitality of our team members and it was my upmost pleasure to share your kind feedback with our teams. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.