“Wonderful Staff, suites are charming, executive lounge is fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #28 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
maui, hi
“Wonderful Staff, suites are charming, executive lounge is fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

As many have said on Trip Advisor, this Hilton does show its age, however, that is what makes it so charming. We stayed here 11 years ago and enjoyed it, but this time was even better. The service is unbelievable (like all the hotels where we stayed in Kenya), every time you turn around there is someone who wants to help you.
My husband is a Diamond member, so we had access to the executive lounge which has gourmet food and drinks all the time.
We had a suite, which was perfect for our family of 3 (we actually had trouble finding a hotel in Nairobi that would accomodate more than 2 people without having to purchase 2 rooms). The suite was New York City size (small, but bigger than a standard room), but had 2 bathrooms!
The gym had everything you needed, and my husband and son loved the outdoor pool (it was warm enough to swim in, even though it was raining cats and dogs!) They also said the staff at the pool seemed to be expert botanists, teaching them about the plants of Kenya.
Finally, many on Trip Advisor have said that they were worried that Nairobi is dangerous (maybe because of all the security in the hotel?). We walked around the city all day for 2 days with no problem. If you don't leave your hotel, you are missing out. Also, Kenya has a mandatory death sentence for robbery with violence.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your gratitude to our team members hospitality, which I have already shared with our management and teams. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile

Regarding security around the city, It is just by bad luck that guests or residents get mugged, though in most cases it depends on areas visited.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Good and safe hotel in the middle of the city. Nice ambiance and atmosphere. Rooms are clean and good with a good service level. We stay here only for one night. But I can recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted that you enjoyed your recent stays in all aspects; safety, ambience, atmosphere, good and clean rooms as well as the service level. Believe me, comments such as yours make all efforts truly worthwhile.

We appreciate your trust, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

The Hotel offers good hospitality and food.

It's among the best hotel present in Nairobi. The Tower offer you the entire city view. Located at the prime location, it boasts of all the banks, eating joints and money exchange in proximity.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
West Richland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

this is a nice hotel but for the price nice doesn't really cut it. Since I spend most of my time in the room when I'm at the hotel for business that is where I expect price to show. Rooms are outdated and my bathroom area was in bad shape. Rooms are also very small (my colleagues room was much bigger but he was upgraded). However, it has a wonderful breakfast, and the staff was helpful and friendly. They also have a pretty nice business center. As with any hotel check your bill before you leave (each of my colleagues had an extra charge for something on their bill).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiltonnairobi, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
It was a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi, and we thank you for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with regards of our Hotel status, I am very sorry indeed that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay; I am however pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

Regarding incorrect billing, I sincerely apologize for this should not be the case. Please be assured that your feedback was immediately was shared with our Front Desk manager to put corrective measures in place to avoid this from happening again to you or to any other hotel guest.

We are very glad to note your gratitude to our team members hospitality, and your comments about our breakfast and business centre. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Kampala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Had a meeting in the middle of March at the Hilton and I did love the experience. Like so many reviewers have said here, the staff are truly wonderful people, always smiling, always willing to help. There's one called Helen from the kitchen department whose warmth was simply amazing, so amazing I promised her I'd be going back to Nairobi to stay at the Hilton just for her sake! Plus, despite the hotel being located in the CBD, the noise is kept out, somehow. That's not something to say of all the hotels in Nairobi's CBD.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
We are indeed proud to have hosted you at the Hilton Nairobi and we thank you very much for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

With pleasure we have noted your comment that you enjoyed the hospitality of our team members; always smiling and always ready to help, which was my upmost delight to share with them.

We always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home and as such, we are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. Your comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

The entrance makes your expextations rise, then you exit the elavator your hart sinks, but your hart will stop when you see your room. Small, outdated, not clean. Dito for the bathroom. Do not go there!

• Stayed January 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sabine808
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, as you have mentioned; my sincerest apologies for this. However, I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

We appreciate you critical but constructive feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

After reading an appalling review before I left I was leary of what to expect. It was a lovely surprise to be welcomed by the night staff. Our room was adequate, the beds great and a lovely big clean bathroom. No street noise. Best of all was the great breakfast buffet. We came back a week later for another night and it was just as nice.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank toronto-beeb
It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are proud to note that you had a great experience with our night team members as well as that you enjoyed our room ambience and facilities, the serenity of the hotel and our breakfast buffet. Believe me, comments such as yours make all efforts truly worthwhile.

We place great value on your custom, and your patronage are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.