“Below Avg Room service. Good Location.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Nairobi

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
InterContinental Nairobi
Ranked #22 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Bangalore
“Below Avg Room service. Good Location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month and I had issues with the room service. I was served the wrong menu on 2 occasions out of 4 orders that I would have placed during my stay.

The chef personally apologized but I hope they are able to sort this out asap to ensure pleasant experience for guests going forward.

the hotel is centrally located in nairobi city and is best if you are traveling for business and have meetings in the central business district.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KarlHala, Regional General Manager, Africa at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear SunilBangalore,

I am happy that you have appreciated one of InterContinental Nairobi assets among many others - great location.

On the other hand, let me apologize for your dissatisfaction with room service. Rest assured that this is not our level of service and that proper action has been done to prevent such situations from recurring.

I hope for many more opportunities to welcome you back here at Intercontinental Nairobi.

Kind Regards,

Regional General Manager, Africa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

On a very short stay, 2 nights only, after having travelled Africa from East to West...I was exhausted anf arrived in the middle of the night to leave 2 days later at 4 in the morning.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Restaurants very good with fresh food.
Room very neat and clean.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear CeeLoo1974,

I truly appreciate your comments on Trip advisor and there is no better motivator than the praise of a happy guest. It is great to hear that your expectations were met to your complete satisfaction.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Nairobi in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Intercontinental Nairobi is a decent hotel. The only problems I encountered were the elevators which the staff seem to use as service elevators. You stand around waiting for an extremely long time waiting for the elevator only to find it full of cleaning carts, or staff carrying towels etc. The outdoor restaurant by the pool is extremely nice place to sit & relax, food is good, however the service is slow & you might not get what you ordered. The staff are very nice & will correct your order as soon as they can.

Rooms are a good size, with decent furnishings & are clean. My room had a desk, small sofa, & a king sized bed. Bathroom looked just slightly worn & possibly could do with remodeling.

Internet was fast & reliable, even outside on the hotel grounds.

Despite its minor problems I would stay here again if I am in Nairobi

KarlHala, r at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Kglowery,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Nairobi during your recent visit. I truly appreciate your comments, since this is the most efficient way for us to constantly improve our services. We are striving to monitor and improve our facilities and services offered to all our guests.

Am always pleased to receive comments on areas of development of such a positive nature. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make InterContinental Nairobi the hotel of choice.

Have my apologies for the long wait by the elevators and delayed service in the restaurant. I am sure you will see a great improvement in your next visit.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the near future.

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel is dated and expensive. The furniture and spa facilities were dated. I stayed here for business but had to think over the high charges for internet and printing. Breakfast was excellent without a doubt and location of the hotel is really good, in the heart of Nairobi. I used the hotel taxi for my airport transfers, which was good and reliable. Overall, it was not a bad stay, even though I think the hotel rooms are super expensive. Having stayed at intercontinental hotels at other places, I think this hotel has scope for development. The room I got was at a lower level (2nd story) and had poor views. Some guests were complaining about the noise from hotel's nightclub but I was slightly far from the night activities. It was a crowded hotel with many activities running at a same time. Staff are mostly friendly and are helpful. Didn't use the swimming pool, but stayed around it for lunch and chat with friends. It was a pleasant environment but a bit busy. Overall, it was an OK experience, not brilliant to be honest.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are NOT recommended.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KarlHala, Regional General Manager, Africa at InterContinental Nairobi, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Aryansooren,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at InterContinental Nairobi. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post this review.

It was a pleasure reading the observations you have shared about the quality of breakfast, location, airport transfer services and friendliness of our staff.

We note your concerns about the hotel condition. We have renovated half of the hotel and are planning to renovate the Standard rooms sometimes this year.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Really good location in Nairobi . A few minutes walk to the CBD. Rooms are clean but dated. Nice comfortable King size beds. Unfortunately if you spend the weekend there get ready for small TV's that are probably over 10 years old. All rooms are basically the same no matter what floor you're on.
Regarding food/ restaurants. The Indian restaurant is excellent,good authentic food but quite expensive. The only other restaurant is the Buffet restaurant where breakfast is also served. There used to be an Italian style restaurant which recently closed,a pity in my opinion. You can get food served in the Bar. The Bar itself is pleasant.
Staff at the Intercontinental are excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms are basically the same even if you're a Club member but the higher the better.
Dear Tony W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Nairobi.

I greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and in particular your comments about our clean rooms and excellent Indian Restaurant. We note your desire to have the Italian Restaurant back. We will put it into consideration in our next product review.

I do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a very nice, clean hotel with a great staff. As Priority Club members, we were offered an upgrade to a club room at a nominal price. We were headed to a safari in the Mara, and I was happy to find a library of Kenya and safari books in the club room. Free drinks to go with them! A very nice beginning to a great safari trip!

Room Tip: Do ask for an upgrade to a club room if you are a Priority Club member. The free snacks and drinks...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank L. M
Dear L. M,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor from your recent stay with us at InterContinental Nairobi. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our staff service quality and library of local books in the Club Lounge.

genova
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Being in Nairobi for business there are not many choices in the center of the city and Intercontinental is one of that.
Rooms are clean and quite (I was at 6th floor executive) but try and avoid second floor where also offices are as it is impossible to sleep there (one colleague of mine was there....)
Check in-out service quite good and done in reasonable time.
Restaurant better you go in other places to eat unless you are obliged to be there.
Nice pool outside during hot season, not now.
Price ok for business.

Dear drjekyllGe,

Thank you very much for choosing InterContinental Nairobi for your stay and for taking the time to write your review which we appreciate. I am very pleased to note your wonderful comments about our location, staff service quality, clean and spacious bedrooms.

I truly appreciate your comments regarding the level of quietness on the second floor, on which some of our offices are located. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated, as we rely on you, our valued guest, to let us know how we can better meet your needs.

Your comments will be shared with our entire team, to ensure comfort and satisfaction to of all our guests during their stay.

We do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.