1,040 results
All reviewsgolden spurspur restaurantpoolside restaurantcolonial stylean oasisbreakfast and dinnerpool sidebusiness tripbusy citymasai marahome away from homesafarifrogsgymwestlandsambiencesecurity
Reviewed August 16, 2008

This is my third stay here which says something.

I travel alone on business. the rooms are small but adequate for me alone. The rooms in the block next to the second swimming pool.. 14 + tend to be better than those in other blocks having a wardrobe rather than just hanging rail.

The staff are extremely helpful... more so thatn the intercontinental where i have stayed in the past.

I would say for a business trip,,.....great!

Romaintic holiday, you could proably do better

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank culturallattice
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Nairobi many times and I have always enjoyed my stay. Some times I stay as long as two weeks at a time and it has a homey feel, much better than the Intercon or Serena. Spurs Steak House is attached and the food is pretty good, but after a couple of days I get tired of the same menu. The good thing about the Holiday Inn is that there are other restaurants close so I had some variety. I am returning next month for another two week stay. The staff is helpful and friendly and with the Westlands Mall a couple of blocks away there are places to shop, buy groceries and coffee shops to sit and people watch,

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank DipCourier
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Negatives first. My room was a little basic, and the bathroom even more so; but I wasn't in Nairobi to spend time in my room. The hotel has a warm, colonial feel to it. It is quite large but spread over a extensive site. Security is taken seriously, which is reassuring. Everywhere is spotlessly clean. The poolside eating area is great, particualry at breakfast time, when there is an impressive spread. I found the staff very obliging, particulary Soloman, the deputy manager. The Wednesday night cocktail party is a great idea, when everybody is issued with a national flag and encouraged to mingle. I liked this place and if I get the opportunity, I will use it again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Dutch1204
Reviewed July 16, 2008

The hotel has a lovely colonial feel to it. The rooms are spacious and the pool large. The gym is adequate. There are two restaurants a Spur with bar and a poolside area. Both were fine. The bathroom could do with a makeover; the shower was around 30 years old as was the toilet seat.
Staff were friendly and attentive.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I usually stay elsewhere when in Nairobi for business, but I was booked into the Holiday Inn by a travel agent. Surprisingly comfortable and very good breakfast. Nairobi is expensive (for decent accommodations) and the Holiday Inn has lovely grounds and was clean and convenient. I have no hesitation recommending it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)