1,076 results
All reviews golden spur spur restaurant poolside restaurant colonial style an oasis excellent breakfast breakfast and dinner pool side business trip masai mara enjoyed my stay home away from home safari gym westlands environment security
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed three nights in this nice hotel near Nairobi city centre. Nice rooms in a two store building surrounded by a nice park like garden. Breakfast is good incl. a large variety of warm and cold food., fresh juice etc. Being on a business trip I have not had time to use pool, spar etc.
I can fully recommend the hotel and will come again.

Room tip: Room to the inner garden side in the ground floor was fine.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a nice hotel for our stay in Nairobi. It has a colonial feel and architecture with lush green lawns and good facilities. The pricing and standard room sizes appear to be more geared towards business traveller, however, the location is odd (couldnt quite make out the lay of the area around the hotel) and quite a distance from the key office and business areas. The approach is also poor and the main entrance very oddly placed. I thought that the choice of bathroom toiletteris were odd for a five-star property. Even the layout of the rooms across the property takes a little getting used to and we lost our way a few times when trying out a new path to our rooms. Hence the ample use of the word Odd in my review!!
The good parts of the property were - silence, helpful staff and service, lawns, two pools, a great buffet breakfast and for the meat-lovers a nice grill/steak house. While the property would be a great option for a family with kids, the pricing and room sizes may not fit in. I wish it could coz would love to visit again with my family.

Room tip: Pool facing, away from the reception, if you like it quiet and don't mind the walk.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank deepz78
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Traveling on business. Friendly staff really went out of their way to help. Food at evening buffet is excellent and breakfast is good. Highly recommend for business. Good venues for casual meetings and nice conference rooms too. Wifi in rooms.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my first visit to Nairobi , Kenya on business and upon arrival at the hotel their was a misunderstanding on my booking dates which could have resulted in me looking for alternative hotel arrangements.( hotel was fully booked )
My position was over heard by the Front Office Manager Mr Elisha Katam who stepped in and proceeded to assist in sorting something out , an hour later i was told that they have organised a room for me and no need to worry any further, this to me is service and thoroughly enjoyed my short stay at this hotel , i will certainly stay their again in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Lloyd N
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was my second visit this hotel is not the best but by far not the worst.
The grounds are lovely with the gardens and little water features the pool is nice and the lunchtime pool menu is lovely.
We always eat at the diner attached to the hotel the burgers and steaks are great.
The rooms are spacious and clean but can get noisy at times.

Date of stay: May 2013