“Oak Place on Sunday with my Family...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oak Place Conference & Training Centre
Ranked #87 of 198 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
“Oak Place on Sunday with my Family...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

a friend told me about Oak Place so i decided to go have some fun with my family on Sunday after church service... I must say that it really is a very beautiful place, the scenery was just amazing, the food esp the Barbeque meat was just awesome but the service was below 10% for me... our waiter was too slow esp with the drinks and i had to remind him of our orders..... otherwise the kids utterly enjoyed themselves at the Kids corner where they have set the games and go-carts...

Room Tip: room 15 is just out of this world!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Thika, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

This may seem weird but having worked for at organization for two years and attending so many team building sessions , seminars and conference in most of the best hotels in Nairobi, I have never felt so comfortable like I did at Ridgeville hence this is my second hotel that am writing a review of.
Ridgeville is located in the outcasts of Nairobi, at ridgeways to be precise, the organization vehicle dropped and picked us from there but am made to understand that the area is well accessible even with the public means or taxi cabs. At the entrance we were welcomed warmly with a porridge and soup which were served in a calabash (, for the first time in my life I felt like I was drinking something else which is more expensive that the normal porridge I take at home or in any hotel in Nairobi which is served in a mug.), we enjoyed as we watched some foreigners been welcomed by local dancers dancing to the cultural local tunes, This are some of the cultural practices that the hotel maintains
We were then taken to our rooms where we would spend the night, the rooms were well lit and ventilated, it felt so good breathing in clean air as opposed to the polluted air we breathe on daily basis as we head for our offices .
Early in the morning I enjoyed the singing and whistling that came from the birds as we took our morning session which mainly included jogging and physical exercises. We then went to enjoy our breakfast which was well served; we were able to interact with other hotel guest and made new friends.
The day was well spent and it did not go without me noticing the beautiful well-manicured landscape and the humble employees who served us, the hotel location for a while took me away from the daily matatus(public transport )noise and the air pollution.
My stay at Ridgeville can only be summarized by saying I loved and enjoyed my stay there from the excellent customer, beautifully manicured gardens and the culture they uphold.
For a stay there you can visit their website http://ridgevilleresort.com/ at or join them in facebook and remember to share your experience with me.

Room Tip: Rooms were very good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Michael M
Irthlingborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed at Oak Place while working in Nairobi. The hotel offers a very peaceful and relaxing environment to unwind. I found the staff to be very eager to please and nothing was too much trouble.
A large percentage of the hotel business is conference and wedding facilities, so sometimes breakfast and dinner service was a little slow, but I didn't mind as I was happy to relax and drink a cold Tusker. Would have liked to have a wider choice of fruit and bread at breakfast, but that said everything was fresh and clean.
I stayed in one of the garden lodges and this was very spacious and clean.

I am looking forward to staying there again in January 2014

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nigel H
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were in Kenya for three weeks and spent one week here. Initialythey were good but then after 3 days they started getting sloppy, we would call for room service and an hour later we would call back to find out why the food was taking so long and we would be told that nobody took out order. I would go the restraunt for breakfast would order something and still they would get it wrong. Our toilet stopped flushing and they kept saying they were going to fix it, on the third day of it not being fixed we moved to another room. The manager was overheard being rude and very dismisive when our complaint was presented to him. He never even came to apologies to us for the inconvenience they caused us by moving to anther room ( we had several bags as we had travelled from abroad and we had out 2 year old with us)
All in all we enjoyed the last night we were in Kenya by taking our parents out to eat there for dinner, the chef came and took out order and was very attentive to out needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Msafiri2066

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Attending a conference and I am very disappointed with the establishment. Conference toilets were dirty and only cleaned after tea break. No hand towels or drier provided in the toilets. Staff were unhelpful and unprepared for us over lunch break. Asked for butter to accompany the bread roll but none was served. Few fruits provided as dessert. Grounds are beautiful but the management has to train its staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wakesho254
South B, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very calm, VERY VERY beautiful place. Very Relaxing. I loved it. It has a fantastic & awesome atmosphere, a lovely restaurant, food is great, location is just AMAZING!!! I LOVED IT!! This is my default hideout location from now on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kevin K
Trondheim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were here for one night on our way to mombasa. We fell in love with the place. The staff was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed our breakfast in the morning.

We were a family of three and we found the room spacious and clean. The hotel is situated on a vast huge ground that is kept clean and well trimmed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family