Meltonia Luxury Suites
$259
$226
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2013

When I stayed I looking for a comfortable place, easy to move around and in a nice area. The apartment itself was very nice and spacious. It had a lot of quality appliances and was indeed very comfortable.

The biggest flaw was the fact that some basic apartment needed were missing like kitchen paper and napkins or some kitchen cloths. Thats usually the biggest problem when renting this sort of apartments.

Still, what bother me the most was the noise of the building itself. If there was any noise at the hall or the stairs it would go straight to the rooms and with people constantly moving it was a hassle. The staff were friendly but lack precision to help you with the simple stuff and sometimes was very frustrating to deal with them.

I know Nairobi is expensive and to find a proper choice is difficult but I don't if i would choose the same place specially at that price.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better specially B-7 and up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RMartinSDXB
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My high school sweetheart was passing through Nairobi on a business trip and needed help finding an affordable but good place to stay. I decided on Meltonia Luxury Suites following its rating and reviews here on tripadvisor.com. The place is very prettily done and the booking agent is very polite. That's about all that's going for them IMO.

First, my friend was barred by the guard at the entrance. I can't help but wonder if this had anything to do with skin colour as my friend is African and Kenyans on Facebook and Twitter are currently speaking out about racism in the hotels and restaurants of Kenya. Second, he ordered one thing and got another. Third, prices changed at the hotel reception. What the polite booking agent had quoted was different from what the receptionist asked to be paid. Fourth, there seems to be poor communication between the booking agent and the receptionist because the receptionist knew nothing of the plans I had made for a taxi, etc. Fifth, the receptionist was quite the sourpuss. He did not smile once at us, was curt and basically looked like he would rather stick needles in his eye than be there. The chef was nice, though.

I will say that I had booked a double room and because my friend came with a colleague (I didn't know about that) there ended up being three of us in the suite and not the two who I had planned for --- I went to see my friend and spend the night. Maybe the staff were displeased about that. Still, I wouldn't recommend Meltonia to anybody.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank XOXO N
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Booked based on reviews on Trip Advisor. Great value for money in Nairobi. Staff very helpful, apartments clean, nice linene, well equipped. Breakfast fine, also had dinner very convenient. Close to some fine restaurants as well. Ample secure parking. Two negatives....lady that was answering the phone had difficulty in explaining the driver how to get to the hotel, and the time you have to wait for dinner...although it was worth the wait. All in all highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night last September (a little late getting around to write the review!) As a lone female traveller one of my main concerns was safety and so I had prearranged a taxi (arranged through the hotel) to collect me from the airport. I was very pleased that this was awaiting me and took me straight to Meltonia suites in about 30-40 minutes. The traffic is very bad in the city!
Upon arrival I checked in at reception, which did take a little time, and was then taken to my apartment. The first thing that struck me was just how big it was - ample for one person. The apartment was clean and all appliances such as kettle, fridge, microwave and tv were fully working.
I went to the restaurant for an evening meal and, although it took a little while for the food to arrive, I was greeted with a large and tasty portion of spaghetti bolognese. I also ordered room service during my stay and - again - absolutely no complaints with the food and a decent portion size.

The bed was big and comfortable. The curtains kept the room nice and dark. A good night's sleep!
All in all, excellent value for money and I would definitely there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here one night at apartment (B6). The room was clean and well equipped (washer/dryer, kitchen etc). The staff at reception (Lornah and Francis) were friendly and helpful. The kitchen downstairs meant that I didn't have to leave the hotel at night after a long flight in. I didn't have breakfast because I had to rush out in the morning to beat traffic but dinner was pretty decent and the restaurant area near the pool is quite nice. The WiFi was reasonably fast. I wouldn't stay here on vacation but it's definitely good for a business trip and offer excellent value for money in a city like Nairobi where accommodation can be very expensive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business