“Home away from home!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
cairo
“Home away from home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The staff were very welcoming, helpful and hospitable.They made me feel incredibly comfortable.I was particularly impressed with their prompt, safe and secure airport pick up. My suite was indeed very luxurious, homely and very good value for money.The breakfast menu was varied and tasteful. The suites were fully furnished inclusive of a washing machine and a drier as well as a fully equipped kitchen, wi fi and unlimited internet access. The location was serene, quiet, very secure, within 5 mins walking distance to an upmarket supermarket as well as to Ngong Road for instant access to public transport and a number of oriental restaurants. I genuinely felt totally at home away from home.Loved it so I'll be back!

Room Tip: Remember these are luxury suites/apartments and not a hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Be t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

These Luxury Suites are the best value for money in Nairobi! Fantastic service from Peggy, Francis and Chef!!! I transit through Nairobi on a regular basis. Meltonia Luxury Suites are the best value for money to date. They will be my regular accomodations from now on. No need to look further. - Lance, South Africa.

Room Tip: I prefer a ground floor suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zapir
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in this beautiful place for one night after spening 14 days on a camping tour. It was our honeymoon and they made our room look beautiful by putting flowers petals in the shape of a heart and having them scattered around the room. Their service was amazing and we wished that we were able to stay longer. My husband works in travel and he recommends this place to anyone to is heading to Nairobi.
Please just be aware that it is a little hard to find and our taxi driver had a hard time finding it

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernadette W
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for over 50 days from October 6 to November 28 2012 and it was a lovely time. We felt at home with the warmness of the place and always-ready -to-help staff from management to cleaners were all amazingly helpful and charming. It was a good time with our 2 boys age 7 and 5. This hotel is highly recommended for either short or long stay. Amazing and cozy environment with good facilities and value for money.

Room Tip: Lower levels easier to access than the 4th floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Obasfem
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A surprisingly spacious and well-equipped facility, Meltonia is ideal for a business stay in Nairobi. It is located not very far from the business district. The studio apartment is convenient as a home-office away from home, giving you adequate work-space and even good enough for small business meetings. At the same time, it provides you the peace and quiet for a good night's sleep, all at one location. The staff is helpful and friendly. I even called them once at an odd hour for an airport pickup, and it was arranged. The prices are reasonable, and the resident chef is happy to arrange a quick, (though not fancy) meal, if you are busy and want to stay indoors and continue working. I will certainly continue to stay there on my future trips to Nairobi.

Room Tip: B-block has better apartments, especially on the first and second floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been traveling to Nairobi very regularly over the past few years and have finally found somewhere which I consider to be homely and well equipped, in a good location for where I need to be and very friendly, especially Peggy and a lady who seems to be in charge of the cleaning staff (whose name I have unfortunately forgotten...sorry!). The apartments are well furnished and have all the necessities that I need and look for when I am away from home - actually the kitchens are amongst the best equipped kitchens that I have come across in Nairobi in apartments in this price range.

Will be staying here from now on when I travel to Nairobi....

Room Tip: Would ask for one at the back of the block as the noise from the car park can be quite disturbing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kb1907
Can Tho, Vietnam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Meltonia Luxury Suites in Nairobi for the weekend. We each had a one bedroom studio which are very well appointed and when I first saw them I thought it was a real find: spacious, includes a kitchen and sitting room, well furnished, flat screen TV and WiFi.
However a problem arose when I locked my valuables into the safe and it would not unlock (on the first night when we had just arrived). I immediately reported it to reception. They explained they don't keep the keys at the apartments. Fair enough! In fact, a good practice. They would fix it in the morning. No problem there was nothing I needed straight away. We were still in at the apartments until 11am - no sign of the key for my safe. I get back in the late afternoon around 5pm - no sign of the key for my safe. I insist that the young man on the reception call his boss, who states the keys will be at the apartments by 7pm. My friend and I wished to go out for dinner and we did not wish to be late as we had a very early start the following morning. So I insist on speaking to the boss who says "it's not our fault you forgot the code you used..." Firstly I'm not senile. It was immediately after I closed the safe that I attempted to open it again. Secondly I always use the exact same code for every hotel safe and I travel with reasonable frequency. It is unforgettable because it is the four numbers of my birthday and one of my son's birthdays. I also use the same number for my frequent flyer account and used it with success to open the account that next day to ensure I hadn't forgotten it. "The boss" was in fact quite rude, raised her voice to me and talked over the top of me when I tried to speak.
So if you are sure you can have a problem free stay or if you don't mind poor service from rude bosses, then stay at these apartments. Otherwise I would advise you look elsewhere for your accommodation in Nairobi. One other thing, I was never able to access the wifi and everyone just kept saying "Ï don't understand".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
7 Thank disclockdisey
JackiK443, Manager at Meltonia Luxury Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Madam;
We truly take this opportunity to sincerely apologize to you the locked safe issue that you had. It took hours for the safe key to be made available to you simply because safe keys are kept away from site because of security reasons.
We believe due to your very long wait you became understandably sensitive and to the extent that you took the telephone handset from the receptionist while we were trying to resolve the issue. There was at the time only one person who could be reached authorized to sign off the keys , and regrettably they were out of town on an urgent issue and took the long journey back just ( without completing the assignment) because of you. You rightfully were very irritable which was still understandable as time was running out. You did warn us that you will 'do something very bad', because of the difficulty in getting the keys, it became a long day for both of us but it was nevertheless difficult to put this across to you even while I was talking to you on phone. However, we owe you a big apology and I personally welcome you again and the issue or any other will be handled (hopefully there will be none) better next time.
J. K. Njuguna