“Nice surroundings and good food”
Review of The River Cafe

The River Cafe
Ranked #83 of 589 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: International cuisine, French, American and Belgian influence!
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A nice place to eat, calm and you feel somewhat "not in town". It might be a bit chilly, so do take a sweater.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I love going to river cafe. It may be a bit busy on weekend when many families with kids show up, but during the week, it's an oasis.
Calm, quiet, relaxed, near the water. Lovely place to read or work.
Great food and dessertts. Good coffee.

1  Thank midnight_in_belgium
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've been a frequent visitor to the restaurant and have used their UNON-branch while working there as well. In fact, I have taken my photo class to the restaurant because we could, in peace and over lunch, go through the theory and than put it into practice. Last Saturday I've arrived with couple of friends to take couple of shots which we proceeded to take after having had coffee.
Soon after we were stopped by one of the staff telling us they will charge us KSH 20,000 for photography. After asking why there is no sign anywhere the staff gave us some lukewarm excuse. Honestly, I will not pay KSH 20,000 in Louvre Paris to take couple of photos and I will not go there again. Another example on how to destroy a perfectly good business.

3  Thank Branislav C
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The location and setting is nice, though a little out of the way from the rest of Nairobi, unless you are near Village Market. The food is above average I guess, but for the prices, that isn’t good enough. Portions are small, and there’s an endless wait for the food to get to the table, thanks to wait staff that seem unlearned.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Marvellous breakfast and lunch.. Prices are somehow high but it is worth it.. Very happy that i visited that place twice during my visit to kenya on dec - jan 2014
Keep it up