New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 167 Tours in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip to Masai Mara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Kenya for business, but ended up having a few days to spare, so we threw together a very last minute trip to Masai Mara. When I called/emailed on a Thursday afternoon, Bernard from Lion Trails was the first to get back to me out of about a dozen safari companies in Nairobi that I contacted, and by Friday morning we were on our way out. Our guide, Ben, was extremely laid-back and flexible, while also very competent and knowledgeable. In addition to his own extensive knowledge of the park, Ben was very good at also using the radio or consulting with other drivers to find the best opportunities for us to view the wildlife. For example, within 10 minutes of entering the park on our first day, Ben found a leopard with a freshly killed bushbuck, an extremely elusive site. We were astounded to then see this beautiful animal drag its kill up a 15-meter tree - quite an introduction to the Mara! Lion Trails also took care of all the bookings for our lodgings (we stayed at two separate places - I will review those separately), etc., so all we had to do was sit back and enjoy the extraordinary scenery and wildlife. We definitely recommend Lion Trails, and intend to use them for another trip the next time we're in Kenya.

Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Full Day Tour of Nairobi National Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we booked this day tour with Lion Trails Safaris. We had a lovely day with our guide, Oliver, who was quite knowledgable about animals, plants and birds. He was very savvy about where to look for certain species at a particular time of day and would double-back to a place when he heard on the radio of lion sightings. There was a terrific box lunch provided too. Because we had already been to the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Bernard worked with us to make a substitution. I think this tour is very reasonably priced for what you receive in return.

Visited October 2013
Lisbon, Connecticut
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A superb company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked Lion Trails as an add-on to a shorter safari we had already planned, and it was a great idea. next time I will let them handle everything! Bernard is the most accommodating, responsive person I think I have ever met. No question or concern was too small, and the company delivered everything they promised, and more. The two guides we had, Ben and martin, were excellent, and they went out of their way to make sure we saw as much as possible, and then some.
The hotels they booked us into in Amboseli and Tsavo West and Tsavo East were excellent. We even ended up with a nice two night stay in an all inclusive resort in Mombasa!
I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to anyone looking for a safari of any length in Kenya. They told me they can also arrange a trip that includes Tanzania, or Rwanda as well.

1 Thank CTWanderers
Eugene, OR
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Bernard and his team are exceptional! I am in the tourism industry and it is rare to find such competent, efficient, and passionate people. The Nairobi attack happened soon after we left Nairobi International airport on safari with Oliver, our driver and guide. We returned when things were still happening at the mall. The entire time we were on safari Oliver and Bernard made us feel welcome, safe, and informed. At first I was a little nervous to wire so much money prior to our arrival however, when we arrived at the airport Bernard was there with a sign and we were all so happy to see him! He also met us again at the end of the safari when we were dropped off at our hotel. He asked for feedback that he seemed to really appreciate. If you want to work with a small, local, company they are your guys!!

Moscow, Russia
“One week safary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I chosed the company "Lion Trials Safaries" exclusively on the recommendations of this site. And I don't regret.
Firstly, the company offered me a itinerary that most closely meets my requests. Secondly, Bernard is opened for negotiations to agree on mutually beneficial conditions of the contract. Thirdly, the company indeed done a whole program accurately and at high professional level. I really enjoyed accommodation in camps and lodges. It is not only comfortable, but also very eco-friendly and beautiful.
Special thanks to our guide and driver - Ben, who simply amazed me with his ability to find quickly the animals. He acquainted us with the amazing diversity of wildlife in Kenya.
I want to thank again Bernard and the whole company for the unforgettable trip.

Visited September 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!