“Excellent Service!”

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 297 Tours in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I will start off by saying that this review is based on the service provided by Lion Trails prior to booking a trip as for personal reasons I was unable to go on tour with them.

I am a man of details and usually tend to push people's patience as I ask a lot of questions and need a lot of information to feel secure and comfortable. I have booked with private, local operators in many countries and I have to say, Bernard was by far the best I've dealt with.

Right from the get-go he was prompt and professional and over the course of 40 back-and-forth emails I sent him, his level of service did not waver in the least. The amount of details he provided, the transparency of his answers showed how honestly he runs the company and I felt very comfortable going with him and his company.

Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, for personal reasons I was unable to go on tour with them and when I let him know he was professional to the last. He was not curt or rude about all the time he had invested answering my questions with long, detailed emails and instead he was empathetic to my situation. Could not ask for better service than that.

One thing I do know is in the future when I can make it out, I will have no hesitation booking with Bernard and Lion Trail Safaris!

1  Thank TekPad

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was on 4 days business trip in Nairobi and had 1+2 days on a week time for a safari. I contacted Lion Trails and they were able to arrange me two short safaris in about two weeks. Payment options were also very flexible. Because I didn't want to pay everything in advance they gave me an option to pay 30 percent via PayPal and rest in cash upon start of the safari.
I had one full day in Nairobi National Park including David Sheldrick's elephant orphanage and the Giraffe Center. That day was awesome, we saw several giraffes in the park as well as hippos, monkeys, snakes, a lot of different kinds of birds etc. My driver Oliver knew every species by heart, but he had 20 years experience of safaris though.
But better was still to come. On Saturday morning Oliver picked me up from my Nairobi hotel and we drove about four hours to Amboseli National park that is located near Tanzanian border. If Nairobi National Park was very good, this was awesome. Basically we were surrounded by elephants many times a day. We also saw hippos and lions. I had late flight on Sunday evening and we spent still the morning in the park. When we drove back to Nairobi, we had a farewell dinner before Oliver took me to the airport.
I have had many business trips, but this one I will remember for ever. Thanks Lion Trails. You were really awesome!

1  Thank LariEspoo_Finland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were a group of 4 and had two game drives at Lake Nakuru National Park. Our driver, Ben, was excellent - welcoming, friendly, very knowledgeable about the wildlife and exceptionally good at spotting things - we saw much more because we had Ben with us, pointing things out. It was obvious that he loves what he does and wanted us to experience the magic and beauty of the wildlife at Nakuru.
I'd have no hesitation using Lion Trails Safaris again, if I returned and I'd recommend them to others.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We arranged an eight day safari with Lion Trails Safari in February 2013. I spent weeks going back and forth with Bernard to plan the trip, arrange the transportation, pick the lodges, etc. We had an unusual itinerary as we were picked up in Nairobi and drove to 4 parks in northern Tanzania. I had very specific ideas about where we wanted to stay and what we wanted to do - Bernard accomodated every request. Then, at the last minute, our flight leaving NYC was cancelled and we had to delay the trip by a day. Bernard re-arranged everything and by the time we arrived in Kenya everything was sorted. Also, our guide Juma was fantastic - he made sure we saw everything and were comfortable. The entire experience was wonderful!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of a 12 hr stop-over in Nairobi between Kilimanjaro airport and Heathrow. Lion Trails Safaris constructed an itinerary that was far better than sitting on the bench in the airport. I was met by a guide, Martin, at the airport, who was on-time, exceptionally friendly and accommodating for the entire day. We visited the Karen Blixen Museum, Nairobi National Park and Carnivore Restaurant. Perfect way to spend the day. Highly recommend this outfit! I will for sure use these guys again next time I'm in Kenya!

1  Thank Amy T

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!