“12 hr Nairobi Stop-Over” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 175 Tours in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“12 hr Nairobi Stop-Over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of a 12 hr stop-over in Nairobi between Kilimanjaro airport and Heathrow. Lion Trails Safaris constructed an itinerary that was far better than sitting on the bench in the airport. I was met by a guide, Martin, at the airport, who was on-time, exceptionally friendly and accommodating for the entire day. We visited the Karen Blixen Museum, Nairobi National Park and Carnivore Restaurant. Perfect way to spend the day. Highly recommend this outfit! I will for sure use these guys again next time I'm in Kenya!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Amy T

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I will say upfront I never actually went on the safari due to personal reasons, but the service provided by Lion Trails up to the point of booking was so efficent and friendly I felt compelled to leave good feedback. If you are looking for the best things to do in East Aftrica I highly recommend contacting them for helpful advice and 'off the shelf' or tailor made trips.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing safari in Hell's Gate and Crescent Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

When I was in Nairobi I had one day off and contacted Lion Trails Safaris about a tour. Bernard got back to me quickly with an email with an itinerary and all the information I needed. The wire transfer was simple and all that was left was the actual tour.

This day trip will go down as one of the most memorable days of my life. The van through Hell's Gate park was spectacular but the highlight of the trip for me was the hike through Hell's Gate Gorge. When I go back to Kenya this will be a trip that I do for 3 days and see the entire gorge with the Masai people. I chose the harder route through the Gorge and it is well worth it for the photos.

The boat ride in Lake Naivasha was fantastic as well and you will see a ton of hippos! Afterwards the walk on Crescent Island will allow you to walk around really close to zebras, giraffes and other wildlife. Simply amazing!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank payner44
Dallas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Way to Spend a Day in Nairobi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had a full day layover in Nairobi and were struggling to figure out what to do. After talking to friends who had been there, we came up with nothing too tempting. I then checked trip advisor and discovered Lion Trails. I simply emailed the info line and told them how much time we had and Bernard quickly replied with a personalized trip designed to meet the availability and size of my group. The planning was excellent and so was the execution. Bernard met us before and after the mini-safari we went on and helped ensure a great experience. We went on a day trip (~3 hours each way) to Lake Nakuru park and saw lions, rhinos, flamingos, giraffes, baboons, and more. Great trip, thanks Bernard!

Visited December 2012
5 Thank SudanDust
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend and I had an excellent time on our full day Nairobi National Park safari. Our fearless leader, Steven, was the best! He knew so much about all of the animal that lived in the national park and successfully found zebras, rhinos, hippos, buffalo, lots of giraffes, and even three lions! I would definitely recommend Lion Trails to anyone who is looking to see what wildlife Kenya has to offer.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank CaliPeach616

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!