WINNER WONDERLAND

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cheap and fixed price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was interested to a certain curio made of soapstone during my visit to the giraffe center in a road side curio shop ran by local. I was thinking that they will give me a good price since there is very few customer there (in fact I was the only one). They gave me initial price 2500 Kenya Shilling. I bargained hard from 600 Kenya Shilling, and gradually increase to 900 KES. They did not budge at last price 1000 KES, even until I go to the car (this trick usually works).

Anayway, I am glad I did not buy there because in Zanzibar, I found the same think with only 420 KES!!! And other curios also much2 cheaper. I bought Kenyan pin in the giraffe center for 350 KES, here in Zanzibar it is only 160 KES.

Fixed price, but maybe several percent can be bargained esp if you pay cash and buy a lot. Quite a lot of selection esp from wood (not so many that is made of pewter / glass)

Really recommended!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Josh_Bdg

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“An excellent shop for Kenyan craft items in Narobi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is an excellent place to buy antiques, souvenirs and other craft items for your living room. The prices are very reasonable and you would be hard put to match them anywhere even after bargaining! The good thing the prices here are fixed- no need to bargain. Lots of antique stuff. They sell what it says on the cover, the do not pass of some cheap wood polished as ebony. This shop has been around a long time I guess. Was recommended hugely on Rough Guides and therefore I went there after I had been to a couple of local markets.

Visited February 2012