See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Lovely grounds in a quiet suburb. Onsite restaurant prepares fantastic food. Staff was responsive to our booking and request. Room is clean but spartan, and water heater never worked which is the main downside.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and i loved this hotel,it is located in a very quite place,no noise,the rooms are very clean,the breakfast is heavy and delicious,the front officers are helpful,friendly and professionals and i was amazed to find one of them speaks a good french,i felt very gd to ask some directions and help in my language
,but the downpoint of shalom house,it is located far from city center which add some charges to your plan,i can recommend it to any friend of mine.....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 879beat123
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm amazed at all the great reviews here. Sure it's cheapish at 5000ksh a night for a couple but so is sleeping in a carboard box. The attitude at the front desk was awful. When we checked in it was "give me the money and I'll show you to your room" and that's a quote. We booked a double room a week in advance and when he showed us the room, two small single beds. So he told us our room had a problem with the toilet. The beds had matresses at most 4" thick foam so were pretty hard. The mosquito nets were full of holes mixed with some patched up with Duct Tape. We went to shower at 11pm but no hot water. Nairobi water in June is absolutely freezing so we just didn't shower. There were some good points. It was clean and the breakfast was good. But I will never stay here again. Spent the next night at Best Western. It was 2 times the price but 100 times better.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I found this hotel on tripadvisor and I agree with the previous reviews. The staff was friendly (tnx Julius for all the tips and directions) and professional, rooms are clean, spacious as well as the bathroom with hot shower. Breakfast was good as well as the traditional Kenyan dinner. Higly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ale76ro
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place is in a great location, walking distance to a main shopping center. In most cases you'll get anywhere quicker in Nairobi by walking : ) the breakfast was lovely, coffee, tea, eggs, bread. The staff was kind and helpful. The property is beautiful and well kept. Make sure you close the window and use your mosquito net!! Mosquitos are really terrible in Nairobi and I got over 50 bites on one foot... No malaria though . I would stay here again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends