“Nice serene location, perfect for a get away”
Review of Eden Gardens

and 1 more site!
Eden Gardens
Ranked #121 of 275 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I enjoyed my stay along with my Indian colleagues...Very friendly staff. One of my colleagues was vegetarian and the chef was kind enough to tailor make a recipe to suit us. The internet is super fast. It has a home feel and would recommend it for anyone who wants to get away from the noise and clutter of Nairobi. Ideal for families and couples too.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank WilfredNjagi
There are newer reviews for Eden Gardens

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The staff was great -- very friendly and always happy to assist with any requests. Pretty tasty food, excellent service.

Wifi in my room didn't work... It was quite hot and no A/C, only a fan that wasn't very strong. When I was there their credit card machine was down and had to use up all my USD cash, which I needed for visa entry fees for my next destination, so that was a bit of a setback.

The room was pretty average, nothing spectacular but will definitely do if you need a place to lay your head during transit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ezrah T
Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you are looking for a place to work and need internet connection, this is the place to go to. The staff is friendly, and Anni the manager will make sure you have everything you need.

The breakfast is good, so is the food you can buy for dinner and lunch. It is located in a quit safe area, so ice if you want to avoid the loud downtown area.

The drive from the airport is about 45 minuts, with moderate traffic.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MariaStorgaard
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Ten reasons for choosing the Eden Gardens:
1. Peace of mind - do business not deal with issues
2. Quiet environment - you are in the suburb not downtown
3. Upscale neighborhood - beautiful layout and nice neighbors
4. High security - no security concerns whatsoever
5. Professional staff- cannot improve on Ann, Monique, Grace, Asman, Sheila, or Phoebe
6. Meeting space- indoors or outside, they make your business meetings successful
7. Easy to find: Lavington on the Convent Road, take the right at the ABC store on Waiyaki, and a left on to Kisaberian and straight up and down the hill and you are there-25 minutes to downtown, UN compound, USAID, Limuru road, Gigeri
8. Mosquito nets: never underestimate the power of the mosquito to ruin your life
9. Breakfast, lunch and dinner: there is absolutely no need to go anywhere--nutritious, filling and delicious meals.
10. The Pool: whether it is to cool off or do exercises or enjoy the sight--it is clean, inviting and refreshing
11. Okay I am over ten, but there's more to say
12. Artwork on the walls -- local beautiful colorful
13. Brew your own coffee--I am a real brewed coffee aficionado and every morning I am welcomed to use my coffee press for rich, brewed lattes. Oh my!
14. The food: fresh vegetables, brown rice, fish, salad, meat, you have to experience it to realize just how wonderfully tasty it is
15. Family accommodations: a whole guesthouse for families, interconnecting suites for families.
16. Hostel environment: informal, comfortable, meet your neighbors, make new business and social friends
17. Daily cleanliness: every single day every part of the hotel is cleaned. And if there are spaces you think should be cleaned, just say the word, and it will be done. (I am a clean freak and when I saw uncleaned corners, I raised the concern and it was taken care of immediately).
18. The ownership: Danish owners understand the needs of international business people and the wants of vacationers--everyone is accommodated
19. Ok, I am going to finally say cost: well you cannot beat the price period, must less for what you get. I am paying $40 a night and sharing a bathroom. I was concerned at first but then I understood that i do not have to deal with a bathroom in my room and I felt totally happy. I like having my toiletries and my needs somewhere other than my room. To save $15 a night just to walk five feet to my "own" bathroom is just wonderful.
20. No smoking policy--thank you!
21. Still have not instituted recycling of bottles and cans--please make mention when you visit.
22. Walking: I am a walker and I walk every day down Chalbi Drive for three or more miles back and forth. Everyone is friendly. Now I want to walk to say hi to the people.
23. Car service: excellent cars and drivers, courteous, knowledgeable, good cars, and please negotiate!
24. Access to food, money exchange-- a half mile down the road is a Nakumatt with everything you need--I walk there and walk back. Nice, no problems.
25. Other Residents: when you find people who care about the same things you do, it makes life really pleasant.
26. Presentation: everything is in its right place at the right time, and if it isn't, just say the word
27. Digital platforms: wireless connections 24/7
28. TV: all the channels from all the countries
29. Service: frankly, better than the Hilton or the Laica Regency; why? Because they mean it and you are on the ground floor and can walk around and simply be yourself.
30. Security: I am a businesswoman and I care about my security. Once you are here, everyone in the neighborhood looks out for you. Not just at the hotel but the security guards everywhere. they get to know you. Each person is everyone's responsibility. Find that downtown if you can.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I care mostly about cost so I chose to share a bathroom. I have been here al...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Christina F
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Eden Garden has simple rooms, but it has very friendly staff and is situated in a quiet and safe part of Nairobi. Everything you need is near: restaurant (also in Eden Garden), supermarket, bank...
The staff also organized well my airport transfer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Tomkapl
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I wouldn’t say that Eden Gardens is for a “luxuru seeker” but it is a place that gave me the sence of “being at home”
Smiling and warm people, always found a way to make me feel comfortable and relaxed…
Wonderful surroundings and a lovely pool…

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family arrived in Nairobi from Ethiopia, so we were hoping for more of an upgrade in living environment. While the customer service was excellent by Alice at the front desk and the Chef who cooked the excellent breakfast, the overall condition of the "hotel" was average at best. The good news is that the price per room is fairly reasonable, especially since it includes breakfast.

In the three rooms that we booked, two of them had a shared bathroom which was fine except that we didn't know that you need to turn on the "hot water switch" to get the hot water to work. The shared bathroom also needs to be updated.

In the two rooms with a shared bathroom, both of them had an electric wire hanging down in the middle of the room with an exposed light bulb on the wire. In the house that we rented, the furnishing were much nicer and includes a living room and kitchen. However, we could not get the hot water to work even after clicking the hot water button.

The breakfasts were excellent and the Chef worked to get exactly what we ordered and at the time requested. The room for the breakfasts is very nice and has a sitting area and TV in it.

The area around the "hotel" (it is really just a couple of houses converted to a hotel) is well-landscaped and there is a small waterfall and a pool in the property. The hotel is surrounded by a wall and metal gate and has a guard, so we felt safe. The sorrounding area is a neighborhood. The hotel is about a 30 minutes drive from the airport, which can be longer if Nairobi traffic is bad (which it regularly is).

Overall we really appreciated the customer service, but the facilties weren't at a level currently that we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Getting a room with a bathroom is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family