“The first Bride in Eden”
Review of Eden Gardens

and 1 more site!
Eden Gardens
Ranked #120 of 269 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“The first Bride in Eden”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Eden Gardens was more than expected. It has an amazing garden that is perfect for functions. The rooms are very nice and cosy, and the staff is very service minded and hard working. Me and my husband stayed in Eden for totally 2 weeks and for one of the weeks we had company from friends and family from Norway. I am very happy I found Eden Gardens when me and my husband where looking for a venue. We really had a beautiful wedding, and we would definitly stay in Eden again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nairobi-KE
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Eden Gardens is totally out of this world....from the warm reception at the entrance, to the friendly staff who were all smiles throughout this experience,i most certainly recommend this amazing heaven to friends who wish to have a quiet get-away without having to leave the city. The ambiance is just fantastic;room colours set to match your mood of the day, breathtaking natural scenery, fantastic pool experience....so much to say i could write all day!

Thanks so much for this magical experience right in the heart of this extremely busy city :-)
We'll definitely be back for more! 7 star service worked out just perfect....

Room Tip: Purple-coloured room;superb for a romantic getaway :-) 100% sound-proof
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Enre (the owner), organized for me to be picked up from the airport at 1 am! Even though he was not in town, he made sure everything was awesome.

The price is VERY affordable and it is located in ht posh part of town but not far away from places I wanted to visit.

In summary, when next I or any friends of mine will be visiting Nairobi, this is where they will be staying.

Room Tip: I stayed in a single room that had a shared bathroom. But The other room was vacant so I did not nee...
Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank OoTheNigerian
Kenya
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Eden Gardens was a refferal through a common friend of myself and Endre, I was not the least bit dissapointed and could not believe my luck to discover Eden gardens, a beautiful, intimate, exquisite and cosy guest house with lots of greenery, a river flowing through the compound and a swimming pool all in an upmarket and tranquil location.

Our host Endre was extremely hospitable, very patient as he waited up for us when we arrived late (at 9pm) and was quick to respond to calls and texts. He showed us around the cottage and was quick to attend to our needs.

We loved the interior design in the cottage as everything from wall paint to furniture was well thought out. It is cosily furnished and we actually felt like we were at home! It has a big screen TV (a plus for all men:-)) cable, DVD home theatre, a collection of movies, Internet. Swimming pool is a big plus and was therapeutic to watch the river flowing by.

The cook made great food as we had an opportunity to sample her breakfast and lunch.

I am definately going back to Eden gardens in the next few weeks for another relaxing weekend getaway. Perfect location at an unbeatable price!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Eden Gardens is run by an enthusiastic staff who are both easy-going and flexible. This is by far the value add of this homey, informal little place.

The accommodation is of a good quality for this price range. It's in a good area and it's centrally located (equidistant to everywhere, but out of the hustle and bustle of the city centre.) I would recommend it as a jumping off spot in Nairobi or for longer term travellers looking for a reasonably priced place to stay.

I have been ripped off before by B&Bs in Nairobi (the no-natural-light, sub-divided houses, tiny rooms, boudoir decor, sorry about the WIFI but that'll still be USD100 variety) and I was pleasantly surprised on all fronts by this one.

As it is in the photos.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZimKait
Kokemaki, Finland
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were the first quest of this beutiful and homey questhouse! Our trip in Kenya was full of suprising and new experiences and our hoast Endre was one of those who made it possible! He has a skill to fix all the problems and create a nice and relaxing atmosphere with his personality. The place was still in progress, but we could enjoy already the green and peaceful environment. Neighborhood is nice for walks and you can easily get a taxi to the nearest shopping center. We definitely come back to Eden Gardens on our next Kenya trip!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElinaTorma
New York, NY
Reviewed March 7, 2012

After searching for days and days for a place to stay at the right price, I was constantly given "bait and switch" and 3 day-delays on emails from numerous affordable places in Nairobi. HOWEVER, as I was flying out from the States I emailed Endre, the owner of Eden Gardens, and he responded within an hour! And his rates were better than most in the upscale Lavington area.

I am a frequent traveller to East Africa and I must say this was everything I had hoped for at the right price.

Airport Arrival: Endre was available by text and email even when I landed at an hour late at 3am ensuring me that my ride was waiting for me, and it was! Very nice gentleman eager to help me and wait for me to get cash at the exchange bureau.

Guest house arrival: Endre was there to greet me with a warmhearted welcome at 4am, showing me around and answering any question I had...even staying up with me for an hour to chat since my body was thinking it was 8pm in the USA.

Staff: All the staff was very friendly, and their new manager Maureen is splendid to work with when Endre is not around. The cooks and security are all very friendly and helpful. The cook made to-order omelets, fruit, and basically anything I wanted to eat.

Cleanliness: You know, for the price, I wasn't expecting it to be as immaculate as it was kept - I felt extremely comfortable in the living room, bedroom, shower, etc... One of the staff even perfectly ironed a shirt for me :) The toilet and hot water work very well in the shower.

Location: OMG, this is the best...I slept very soundly due to the quiet, serene location, and taxis to a nearby shopping area are around US$3 to US$6. MY FAVORITE, however, is its proximity to Jaffrey's Sports club where there is Yoga on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, a free to use running track where you can feel awesome running faster than the average Kenyan office worker, and a gym to workout it you want to pay a bit.

As an experienced East African former resident and now visitor, this was the best deal for the price.

Room Tip: If you are lucky, you may have your own bathroom...there are two rooms that share a bathroom, and En...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert M
Eva O, Manager at Eden Gardens, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Hello Robert! Thanks for your very nice review. We are happy that you enjoyed the time with us here at Eden Gardens.

We just wanted to clarify that most of our rooms have their own bathroom. There are only two rooms that share one bathroom.

Anyways, thanks again, and you are always welcome back!