“Excellent Italian Food”

Ranked #116 of 572 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Highridge
Description: Mediterraneo Ristorante in Gigiri is a charming, Italian-villa style venue with beautiful outdoor seating and expansive gardens that make any meal memorable, whether a special occasion or an everyday affair. We are dedicated to recreating an authentic Italian dining experience in Nairobi, importing everything from prosciutto and pasta to our kitchen equipment straight from the old country, and making everything else from scratch.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Risottos and meat dishes are delicious. The restaurant is located in a nice garden setting with very good service. It is just opposite the UN and ICRAF which makes it a great stop after work.

There are newer reviews for Mediterraneo Ristorante

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great lunch spent with family, good food - starter of bell peppers excellent, pizza good, ravioli good, dessert was excellent, chocolate mousse and sizzling brownie yum. We had cocktails which were also very good, I loved the Pimms and my husband liked his Bloody Mary.
Service was very good, James was very accommodating.
Only odd thing was we asked for a table outside close to the garden as my one and half year old niece with us and on arrival we see a sign board saying do not walk or play on the grass. Of course Children are going to go straight for the garden so no logic and there were not enough high chairs for the kids. My niece and a friend's daughter had to be put in their push chairs.
All in all a good lunch, definitely go again.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Pizza at Mediterraneo is just the best. The cocktails were more than refreshing. The ambiance creates a cool and relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Went with friends and loved the hospitality. The cook was great with his recommendations.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

When in Westlands, this Mediterraneo was a firm favourite. Great food, good wines and lovely service. The transfer to Gigiri is a real shame. Everything good has been left behind. The food I would now rate as average. The pizzas no longer the best in town (Dolce Vita and Art Cafe are far better) and the service is haphazard. I object to anywhere that uses gas heaters to heat the air (if it's too cold, sit inside) and I strongly object to the complete con that the wine pricing has become. Be prepared to pay up to four times the retail price for a bottle of wine (instead of three times as it was in Westlands). I known I buy a lot of wine. Whilst I agree everywhere needs to make money, this is just a swindle.