“A taste of France” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Nairobi, Kenya
“A taste of France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm Belgian, living in Nairobi, and Ambiance was one of the best restaurant I went to in Nairobi.
nice decors, nice and fine food.
They have nice soup.
I will go back to try the bouillabaisse, the duck, the foie gras,...

When you go to this place your are i Kenya but with a taste of France in your mouth..

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SimCa85

Rochester, Minnesota
“Beautiful decor and yummy dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had late night dinner with three friends. On this occasion there was another couple in the restaurant. We enjoyed the attentiveness we received since it was not a busy evening. Since it was a chillier night they brought those large pot fire warmers closer to our table and the waiter was quick to assist us with placing our purses in a well thought out aspect of ambiance "make you feel at home" atmosphere. the food was yummy and we all enjoyed our different choices. Despite it being pricey, it was a great evening and I would treat myself more often when I am in Nairobi. The decor was beautiful, service was quick, waiters were attentive and friendly.

• Visited June 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good bistro food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Went to Ambiance for about the 5th time today and it evades me why this place is always empty. The food is superb - as far as I know it is the only place in Nairobi that you can get foie gras cooked perfectly. This alone deserves recognition! The outdoor seating is lovely and really makes you feel like having a long lunch...

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Rustic French Dishes... Parisienne size servings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This restaurant is expensive. The food is nice. The decor is good... and almost everything is Ambience branded. The place was pretty empty. Aside from our table just one other couple. I don't think this place is aimed at Kenyan Middle Class customers, just the expenses claiming ex pats. Also servings were small. Beautifully presented. But small. And it seems like the smaller the serving the higher the bill. They have 1 desert at around $150 US. We didn't buy that so don't know how small or tasty that would be.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Nairobi
“Beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Secure compound. Attractive environment. I enjoy the food immensely. Only complaint - restaurant has been nearly empty on each of my visits. Enjoyed it when hosting a private party. Found the emptiness to be uncomfortable when meeting just a few friends.

Visited April 2012