“Has unexploited potential” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Has unexploited potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to Bonds for dinner and drinks. I was not that hungry and when the food came I was sure I'd eat only half of it, but I actually ate every morsel. The pork chops were quite good. The service is quite wanting though, we had to keep waiting for a waiter to walk into the room. It was not very populated and at around 1030 shutters started coming down. It is however a nice place to go if you'd like to have a conversational evening, fairly peaceful and not too loud.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Anyil

Nairobi, Kenya
“I won't be back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place has the potential to be a nice restaurant, and would probably be OK if a small number of people want to eat there. they can't cope with a large group, and the service in general was terrible. The knives and forks were put on a plate in the middle of the table for everyone to find what they wanted as there were fish knives mixed up with steak knives. The food when it came after 2 hours was variable. The fish and chips was fine, but other dishes quite peculiar. Probably a lunch for a small group would be OK there, don't take a large party in the evening!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Travelttomuch
Nairobi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Despite giving 5 days notice before taking a party of 15 to Bonds they were not ready for us. They hurriedly put tables together for us when we arrived. 90 minutes after ordering our meals no food had arrived, so I went to ask about it. When food did start to arrive they stacked it on a nearby table to go cold so they could serve us all at once. I finally persuaded them that we were so hungry that we were more interested in eating warm food immediately than in being served cold food simultaneously. Those who ordered canelloni with sauce and cheese were brought strips of pasta with no sauce and no cheese. My meal took more than two hours to arrive. The manager came to apologize and offer us free coffee. What an insult! My meal went cold while he tried to negotiate with me. He eventually agreed to leave three meals off the bill. I should have left Bonds happy after a fun evening with friends and colleagues. Instead I left so angry I couldn't sleep for hours.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kenya_Dave
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“WEDDING RECEPTION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I attended a wedding reception of one of my friend's wedding which was held at Bonds Garden Restaurant.The place is fantastic.
Enough parking and the service is wow!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank Yenna G
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Horrible is an understatement. We ordered and waited for 2 hours, and what came was different from what we ordered. The waiter was rude and took forever to come. the waiters were too busy for us, and rarely passed by our table. Will never go back here.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Sue O
Timothy N, Public Relations Manager at Bonds Garden Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Susan,

Greetings from Bonds Garden Restaurant.

We acknowledge receipt of your complaint during your recent visit to Bonds and would like to apologize for the mishap.

We have tasked the Restaurant and F&B Managers to look into this with a view of ascertaining what happened and to avoid a recurrence in future.

While still on this, we would kindly wish to meet with you and offer our apologies in person. Kindly advise of this possibility but we look forward to hosting you again.

Timothy