Nairobi Airport Stop Over House
Priceline
$109
$78
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night at first, having flown into Nairobi, before taking the bus to Moshi the next day to climb Kilimanjaro. The staff were very kind and helpful. Zipporah was in very regular contact and we were collected from the airport promptly and had help boarding the bus to Moshi from just outside the hotel.

The hotel is situated in a very safe compound with guards at the exterior and a locked gate and guard at the front of the hotel. We were escorted by James and Grace if ever we needed to pop out in the evening and they helped us to use the local transport and to visit the Masai market. The staff were so good that we decided to spend another night here before our safari and booked our safari through them. We had very spacious double rooms on both occasions and had a small covered shower and toilet attached to our room. The rooms had excellent mosquito nets and some were being redecorated when we were there. We spent another night here following our safari, before catching the night train to Mombasa (booked again by the stopover house). We spent our final night here having returned to Nairobi, before flying out of Nairobi.

This is a very reasonably priced guest house, which will enable you to access Nairobi itself and the rest of Kenya. The staff are exceptionally helpful and were happy to do our washing for us after we had climbed Kilimanjaro, allowed us to store our belongings while we were away on safari and were happy to cook breakfast at any time you requested it before departing.

There is not much to do in the immediate area and few places to eat but we walked over to the South C garage where there is a fast food place and the garage sells sandwiches and groceries. There is a large supermarket and a couple of coffee shops where the Masai market is, around 5 minutes walk away, selling everything you could want.

I would recommend this B & B if you are using the airport or the train station in Nairobi as a reasonably priced place which will help you to plan the rest of your trip. They will endeavour to keep you safe and to make your trip as pleasant as they can.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I slept one night in this place. Although the staff was very friendly and kind I will never go back. We could not sleep because of the traffic on the highway Mombasa/Nairobi. This road is only a few meters from the hotel. The place really could use some paint. In the neighbourhood is nothing to do except a shopping mall on the other side of the highway. We did not sleep and left very early to catch our plane. I paid for a room for my family (4 pax) USD 75. But next time I will pay a little more for a better place. Because there are better places in Nairobi for about USD 100 for a night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here 1 night with 2 others. My overall comment is that it was very cheap and safe, and ok if you're just passing through. We had a twin room in the main building and one friend stayed in an annex at the rear if the building, with its own bathroom, which i didn't see. The toilet in the main building wasn't flushing...the staff brought a bucket of water to throw into the cistern. The water stopped in the main bathroom the next morning. The bathroom was quite old and just a bit mouldy. The rooms were simple but clean and comfortable enough. Zipporah, the lady that handled the booking and organised transfers, was very helpful. It actually is some distance from the airport, but they were very good at finding us, and got us there and back to the airport in the morning in a very timely fashion. Accommodation with breakfast and transfers included for all 3 of us came to just 100USD, so overall it was good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was coming from Masai Mara Safari and had to pick my flight in the morning and wanted a cheap place only to sleep and have breakfast before going to the airport. I could not have chosen a better place for it.
I paid Kshs 3000 for a room with private bathroom which is very cheap actually compared to other hotels nearby.
The people working there (very young but very professional) were always smiling and were always ready to help and they even took me out for dinner in a nearby place (again very cheap there as well)
Concerning mosquitoes, yes we do have a lot of them but you are in Kenya and need to have to have some mosquito repellents and believe me I had no mosquito problems at all after putting on the mosquito repellent cream. well I used the mosquito nets as well and they worked wonders as I slept like a baby without any problems since morning..
Well the setting of the place is not a five star one of course for the price you are paying but you feel really secured and the amenities (bed, towels, bathroom, etc) are really very good
I also had a great breakfast with everything you need to start a good morning..
It was really a great experience for me and I will surely go there again and will highly recommend this place to travellers going for a short stay or going to or coming from a safari..
Thank you Nancy and everyone there for making this a superb stay for me

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ghirish
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I would not stay here again. And I would not recommend it either.

This was my 3rd trip to Kenya, in July 2010. I have stayed at places ranging from the top hotels to very modest tented camps. This time, I was helping to chaperone a group of kids for 2 weeks, and we used my now-former Trip Coordinator to book our accommodations. My guess is that he never set foot in the place prior to bringing us there from the airport. My regular Driver was horrified, as were other Kenyan friends of mine who could not believe the state of the place, or that we were staying in a neighborhood they did not feel was safe.

There is one main sitting room on the lower floor. They did allow you to use their computer there. In that room were several chairs and a couch, plus one long table for dining and a small 2-person table.

I believe there were 3 or 4 rooms upstairs- two smaller and two larger. One of the large rooms we reserved for the guys in our group, the other, largest we reserved for the girls in our group (bunkbeds lined the larger room with one full/queen bed). Judging from their comments and angry phone conversations, they were filled with other unhappy travelers,

Although the room was clean, there were plenty of mosquitoes and flying bugs around, and no screens on the windows. There was one shower upstairs (I tried to be one of the first to shower, and the water was warm then).
There was a toilet in a separate room next to that which was so foul that some of the girls in the group were literally crying. There were at least 14 people upstairs and the toilet wouldn't flush. The water, ETC. very often ran out over the top and onto the rest of the floor where we slipped on it constantly. I don't think I need to elaborate that point any more.

There were 10 of us, and although we had arranged for "Board", these poor girls working there were trying to fix everyone's meals on a single Jiko stove! They had an oven but it did not appear to be working. So 1-2 people at a time got their meals, which wound up making us very late to our appointments, go elsewhere, or skip meals altogether . (This may not seem important, but many travelers are on a tight schedule and it does make a difference.This was a budget trip and the kids worked hard to raise every dollar for the trip.)

The 2 young women working there were very nice, and they were clearly doing their best under the circumstances. I see by other reviews that not everyone had the same experiences we did, and I hope the place has improved. I am also guessing they didn't have a man burst in the front door at 4am screaming and yelling, either!

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends